New Game Accounts

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

New Game Accounts

Post by loboLoco » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:53 pm

Along with multiplayer, we've been working on the new game account system for WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition. This uses the same account system as WolfQuest 2.7, but it's separate so players can have an account for each game.

The new account system just about ready to release to give everyone extra time to set up their WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition account. So today's devblog takes a brief (hopefully not too boring) look at the new account system and how to go about signing up once it’s released.

We heard loud and clear that many players will want to keep their username from the original game, WolfQuest 2.7. So, each WQ 2.7 username is reserved for that player! They can use that same username and password when creating a new account for WQ:AE.

If you don't have an old account, or simply want to start fresh, you can do that instead and create a brand new account. Just remember:  You won't be able to choose a username that someone has already claimed in WQ 2.7. At some point in the future we will likely remove that restriction, but not until the game is released on all platforms.

In this new account system, we have friends and messages working now, and will add packs soon, since those will be helpful for multiplayer. Later this fall we will release the new achievements system.

The new account system will be included in the next game patch, v.1.0.4a, which we expect to release within a week! We want to get this out into everyone's hands so players have a chance to create a new account before multiplayer is released.

We have released the first episode of WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition (Amethyst Mountain) and the Lost River Classic map for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: New Game Accounts

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:12 pm

Ive always had trouble with making accounts and stuff so this video is very helpful to me! and I always love seeing peaks of slough creek as well. But the fact that your hunger bar is practicly empty and you have 6 pups to take care of....

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:09 am

Thanks lot for this devblog! I'm happy to finally log me in when the new patch comes out.

Keep up the good work and stay safe and healthy! :wink:

Ogk1990
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ogk1990 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:55 pm

Hi, the accounts will be fine to play online.

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:49 pm

That's great news! I'm so excited. When creating a new account though, do we need an activation code? I don't recall needing one in 2.0, at least in the mobile version.

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:06 pm

Oh no....I now have a problem tried getting an account now I cannot receive activation code for my email I typed in my new user, and my old email. I wanted a new user rather than the past one and now I cannot seem to get my account working at all. Tried using different email and it said "game name taken" verifying it was sent to my email. It's just not showing up in either spam, inbox, or trash. Help!!!!!! And thanks for the time. :D

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Thank yall for working so hard on everything! It's nice to see this kind of stuff carrying over from 2.7. Also, dang, Slough Creek looks really pretty!

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Looks like I might be in for a fresh start. Can't wait to goof off in Multiplayer, haha.