WolfQuest AE: Early Access and Patches

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WolfQuest AE: Early Access and Patches

Post by loboLoco » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:24 pm

[youtube]cg0WTuUrtgM[/youtube]
Video link: https://youtu.be/cg0WTuUrtgM

So here we are, on the Monday after the release of WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition - Early Access for PC/Mac, and I am finally getting around to doing a little video.

Now that we are actually in early access, we will be adding more features, more animals, multiplayer, and Slough Creek.

We’re also doing a lot of bugfixing now that the game is in your hands and thousands and thousands of people are playing it. We're hearing about lots of new problems and bugs, so we're working on those and are doing frequent patches. That is what Early Access is all about!

We do really appreciate everybody's enthusiasm and excitement for the game. We love all the comments on all the various social media sites, on Steam and on the WolfQuest forum. But trying to read and respond to all the comments is kind of like trying to drink from a fire hose! We will keep reading them but we just can't respond everything. So please, if you’ve got issues while playing the game use the F11 key to report bugs!

Also — very important — please look for answers in the Knowledge Base at http://support.wolfquest.org. There you’ll find lots of troubleshooting tips, tech info, and gameplay tips. We are expanding it daily.

And then, of course, there's mobile! We know a lot of people are very eagerly awaiting mobile but that is going to take a while! Mobile versions certainly it won't come out before the full game is completed for PC and Mac (partly because mobile doesn't really haven't currently access option). It is going to take a lot more work so we don't have any target dates for mobile. We may not even set any more release dates because last week was pretty stressful. Maybe we’ll just surprise you with updates from now on.

We are going to continue to do devvlogs – but not every week...and not every Thursday. We just have so much to do right now! You'll see them pop up now and as we have news.

Thank you again, everybody, for your ongoing enthusiasm and support for WolfQuest! We wouldn't be doing this we without the great community!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Kyrozide
Pup
Pup

Re: WolfQuest AE: Early Access and Patches

Post by Kyrozide » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:34 pm

Keep up the good work!

kmat19997
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by kmat19997 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:14 pm

Keep up the great work! Been here for the past 10 years, it's been a wild ride seeing this game go from the beginning all the way to where it is now.

thebeanboyo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Gillybean

Post by thebeanboyo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:02 pm

Awesome!! I like how blog updates will be random now, hopefully they're more frequent, as every time I watched the most recent devblog, I was excited to see the next one :D. No rush, though. Take your time on it so we can have the best wolf game ever ^^.

RainnWQ
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Cassidy

Post by RainnWQ » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:14 pm

Loving the game so far! Keep up the great work!

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:33 am

Oh good! I just had a question about this yesterday, as I noticed the game kept crashing occasionally in scent view! Awesome! Hope you guys take a breather though, it's alot of work and you guys deserve it! :D :lol:

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:39 pm

The team has done an amazing job launching and managing the game thus far. I have lots of respect for all the work that you all have put into the game. It really shows.

Wolfybird99
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolfybird99 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:11 pm

I finally was able to play the game just yesterday- and it's just awesome! Outstanding! Even though my ancient computer can't run anything higher than the 'fastest' graphics, the game still looks stunning. It's super fun, and I can't wait see the full game after the outstanding-ness of the early access! Keep up the good work guys!

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Aw, I kind of miss the Thursday devblogs. It's a shame they're coming to a close after 3 years. But I guess I understand, you guys are now focusing all your attention tours the game, and the initial release of 3.0 was rough, I'm sure.
Hopefully with this adjustment, you guys can work on the game faster and better than ever before now, since you won't have to handle the pressure of posting on Thursdays. It's still sad to see the devblogs becoming less frequent and more random. But I guess I can entertain myself with 3.0 in the meantime. :|

Shirosaki
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shirosaki » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:54 pm

I have a question:

I bought wolfquest a long time ago, the one that was 10.00, (I'm assuming thats 2.7.3) and I can't update it to get the anniversary edition. How do I get the AE for free? because I've bought WQ before. I've opened WQ to try and find something that pertains to downloading the update but I can't find it and when I'm logged in to WQ's site it says I have to purchase the AE. Pls help

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:07 am

Shirosaki wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:54 pm
*quoted only to ping*
Hi Shirosaki,

Refer to this article- https://support.wolfquest.org/help/get- ... ry-edition

If you purchased the game from Itch.io or via the purchase embed on the WolfQuest website, review the instructions provided here: https://support.wolfquest.org/help/reco ... or-itch-io

If you purchased the game from Steam (or redeemed a complimentary Steam key from an Itch.io purchase), AE should have been added to your library. Look for "WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition".