New Beginnings

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Re: New Beginnings

Post by BlackMetal » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:20 am

I have one more question.
You can write a biography about the created wolves. Is there a maximum of words or characters?

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Idk if i'm the only one thinking this, but i was actually kind of wanting to start completely fresh in favour of re-creating my oldest wolf (from like 2012!) in the new version first, but at the same time i didn't want to delete my old ones, and at the same time my characters were so cluttered lol. While importing wolves could have been rad, i like the idea of starting fresh and new, it makes it feel like i'm going to be entering a whole new game.

It almost feels like the old WQ game where you started in Amethyst Mountain. I was too young to operate a computer at that time but i noticed that WQ 1.0 started that way, with just Amethyst Mountain, and now WQ is starting with just Amethyst Mountain once again, but its a whole new game and look now. It's an interesting parallel.

I'm so excited for the release in less than two days! Going to be playing lots of 2.7 before i dedicate my time to 3.0!

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:38 am

IceaPlayzPC wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:03 pm
Idk if i'm the only one thinking this, but i was actually kind of wanting to start completely fresh in favour of re-creating my oldest wolf (from like 2012!) in the new version first, but at the same time i didn't want to delete my old ones, and at the same time my characters were so cluttered lol. While importing wolves could have been rad, i like the idea of starting fresh and new, it makes it feel like i'm going to be entering a whole new game.
I was actually thinking of restarting too! My wolf tree was getting a bit old, but I might remake some of my wolves, to see what I could do with them. :D

vargen_ledaren
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by vargen_ledaren » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:14 pm

This post has made my day. YEEEEEEES!!!!!! NEW WOLF'S PELT! NEW COOL CHARACTER!!!! ANOTHER EYE COLOR! and everything's realistic... yyyy eeeee ssssss

Can't wait to make new wolf and see new beautiful large maps!

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:54 pm

The countdown looks ominous! But looking forward to trying it out all the same. Hopefully my old laptop doesn't explode in the process! Might have to wait until I upgrade.

Echofall
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Echo

Post by Echofall » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:42 pm

Its understandable! I don't mind restarting, I love the game enough where I'll still play and rebuild all of my exp! Good work on the game! You guys are the best! ♥♥

Wolfwind

Post by Wolfwind » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:57 am

I had a feeling this was going to happen actually. It makes a lot of sense with the game being rebuilt and players starting from the beginning with new dispersal wolves! (I’m also curious about what the surprise bonus would have been for players’ previous XP though.) I’m planning on playing my first run as one of the pups from my favorite pair in the old game. Though I’ll probably remake my old favorites too! Aaah I can't wait :D

thelostwolf12345
Pup
Pup
Name: Scruff

Post by thelostwolf12345 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:21 am

only seven hours away from release! it's tempting to just sleep through it!

WolfDragonPlasma
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfDragonPlasma » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Eh, not exactly surprised that this had to happen, but I'm not really hurting for it either. I wouldn't have been able to import them all anyway, since a few of mine are Limpies, which, if memory serves me correctly, won't be in this version until later on down the line.

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 pm

Finally, I've been waiting for 3 years for the release day announcement. I'm actually totally great with not being able to import wolves, my game account is honestly just a mess and it's filled with a bunch of wolves I don't use often but would still like to keep. Also, I have at least 200 game files on there. It makes everything seem really cluttered.. but now with this update, I can choose which wolves I want to re-create again. Even more customizations, heck yes! I'm really excited to get my hands ahold of the early access. :shock:

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:50 am

I was wondering, how far do you think the team is to Slough Creek? There are some really cute puppies on the new website! Three of them close up! I was like! AWWWWWWWW CUUUTTTEEIIIE PIES
Patience I have for this game! Yay