Page 3 of 18

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:07 am
by ashlynn4560
It makes me happy too know a new version of WQ is coming out, i am looking forward to what changes and new things you have added and made. :)

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:57 pm
by SilkenGalaxy
I'm happy too. NO, not happy, excited!

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:47 am
by xxwarriorwolffernxx
I'm excited for the new map! Who knows what we will find?

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:30 am
by SilkenGalaxy
I know right, there's probably going to be interest stuff, but lets respect the rules and stay on topic...

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:43 am
by Koa
Teeny_Wolfy wrote:I know right, there's probably going to be interest stuff, but lets respect the rules and stay on topic...
Feel free to use the report feature if you believe there is an issue; please do not backseat moderate. Thanks! :)

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:34 am
by SilkenGalaxy
Ok, just wanted to let them know that we have to stay on topic! :D

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:12 pm
by Komoria
Well, in regards to chat for multi-player, it may be less clumsy if you have a keyboard attachment for your tablet, so the keyboard doesn't pop up and take up a lot of the screen. This could also enable a potential keyboard mode like in the original wolfquest, though it is not necessary :3 For voice chat though, I think it is up to the players to be responsible. If you don't get good vibes from a person, don't join a private game with them! And also, if someone begins to harass you for personal information, report the user and explain everything in detail, or leave the private game immediately. There are risks with every type of multi-player game, it is just mostly up to the individual to be responsible about their decisions.

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:16 pm
by SilkenGalaxy
Komoria wrote:Well, in regards to chat for multi-player, it may be less clumsy if you have a keyboard attachment for your tablet, so the keyboard doesn't pop up and take up a lot of the screen. This could also enable a potential keyboard mode like in the original wolfquest, though it is not necessary :3 For voice chat though, I think it is up to the players to be responsible. If you don't get good vibes from a person, don't join a private game with them! And also, if someone begins to harass you for personal information, report the user and explain everything in detail, or leave the private game immediately. There are risks with every type of multi-player game, it is just mostly up to the individual to be responsible about their decisions.
This is a good thing to mention, no multiplayer game is safe unless it's like the endless forest where you can only communicate via animal body language...

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:23 pm
by Komoria
Teeny_Wolfy wrote:This is a good thing to mention, no multiplayer game is safe unless it's like the endless forest where you can only communicate via animal body language...
Exactly! Though I wouldn't mind having no chat if we had more diverse body language, or even if someone made a guide to follow in regards to the current body language to help communicate in chat-less games :)

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:26 pm
by alethe
Komoria wrote:report the user and explain everything in detail, or leave the private game immediately. There are risks with every type of multi-player game, it is just mostly up to the individual to be responsible about their decisions.
That's one of the problems with voice chat. Its so hard to report people with valid evidence.

However, I agree that its your choice what you give out. Nobody can force you to give out your private information.

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:24 pm
by Neamara
I'm all for co-operative activities in multiplayer. Working together as a pack has always been a pretty interesting concept, but it's never translated too well because of the lack of things to do and players who would willingly help with taking down prey or defending/attacking against predators. Rearing pups with other players instead of an AI mate seems like a fun challenge if the risk of session-permanent puppy death is still there.
loboLoco wrote:So: what do you think about private vs. open games with these options? What would you really like to see? Knowing what you do about the current MP situation, what risks do you think these options would create or prevent?
Mhmm, there are definitely pros and cons to lifting the lexicon and taking it out of the picture. It did get to out-of-hand, though sadly I suppose there was no preventing that when the intention was to keep with the educational theme and multiplayer rules- don't get me wrong, I do miss the days of being able to talk less restrictively about pretty much any subject players wanted to discuss. But the level lexicon has reached today does make for a negative and disappointing experience, even though it's intention is with the players' safety in mind. I'm glad that's being revised, but also somewhat disappointed that it is more along the lines of being at-your-own-risk.
loboLoco wrote:my goal would be to eliminate the need for reporting bad behavior. Private Games would, as Koa suggests, have a warning. The simplest and safest thing is to have only phrase and no chat in open games.
...which undoubtedly means the WQ Report Team will eventually be null and void. (Will forward this snippet.)
river6 wrote:That's one of the problems with voice chat. Its so hard to report people with valid evidence.
Exactly one of the cons with voice chat. I can't imagine the game storing sound files, either, so parents will likely be concerned about their kid(s) playing a game with no punishment system in place; sadly not everyone will read the warning thoroughly. Perhaps making it so you can't skip the disclaimer/warning prompt without checking an "I understand the risks involved and that I am responsible" sort of checkbox before the OK button is visible/clickable or something along those lines?

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:46 pm
by alethe
I fear that might not help either. Its like that "I agree to the terms and conditions" button. You just check it, but you never read it.

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:01 pm
by SilkenGalaxy
There could be a secret term or word put in there that they have to read so that when they check the "I've read and comply with the disclaimer", it'll give them a question where that secret term/word is the answer and they have to answer it by reading it, only problem is that people might tell others the answer so they can skip it, either way you lose...

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:05 pm
by alethe
Well, its the same thing with that. You find the word, memorize it, and then you forget the rules and/or pay them no heed. Its a hard situation any way you look at it.

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:17 pm
by SilkenGalaxy
river6 wrote:Well, its the same thing with that. You find the word, memorize it, and then you forget the rules and/or pay them no heed. Its a hard situation any way you look at it.
That's very true, which makes the situation difficult, like you could put an animation of a wolf telling you the disclaimer with no skip button, people will just ignore it and wait until it ends..