WQ Tablet: inside the den

Archived news, updates and announcements.
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WQ Tablet: inside the den

Post by loboLoco » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:41 pm

So I know that lots of players really want to go inside the den in Slough Creek. The reason we didn't include that in the original game is: the den is very very small, and there's not much room to do anything but curl up in a little ball. Not very exciting. But I recognize the intensity of interest in this idea. So would it be satisfying to simply go into your den to sleep (and pass some time) -- and see your wolf curled up with the pups? Or would that be hardly better than what we have now?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Chumpkins_
Name:

Re: WQ Tablet: inside the den

Post by Chumpkins_ » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:51 pm

I think that'd be a great idea.
Though I don't play the game anymore I would find it more interesting to be able to interact with the den.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:52 pm

I like the idea. Even though it doesn't exactly do much, its a cute idea to do. Maybe you could even put the pups in the den and keep them there?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:26 pm

I would personally prefer this taking a backseat if it takes away from funding going towards something "more interesting." I wouldn't mind seeing it, but personally I'd find it boring and/or repetitive after awhile. It'd be more of a novelty at first than anything, then I think the "interest" would die down. You have to decide whether or not spending funding on something that supplies a likely limited or temporary level of satisfacion is worth it (I personally don't think it is, unless you are at your last viable amount of funding and have nothing else or not enough to do with it otherwise) . That's just my two cents.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Agreed with Koa; I'm leaning away from the idea given that there isn't much to be done inside the den besides sleeping and perhaps watching/hearing the pups resting. As cute as that sounds, it would be funding better spent on other priorities, features and improvements first.

Our wolf can already sleep and rest. Observing from the den's interior would add to the educational value and realism but I don't feel it's worth adding.

calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by calxmity » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:47 pm

My concern is that I don't think lots of people actually know how small wolf dens are, and that they're implying that they are like "walk in closets" almost. Obviously, they're not. So even though it's cute and everybody wants it, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say (in my opinion) no to this idea. There's not much to it and I feel it's waste of time to put something into a game that you really can do nothing with. So in conclusion, yes, it's cute, but I'd rather not see it in the game.

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Lit wrote:My concern is that I don't think lots of people actually know how small wolf dens are, and that they're implying that they are like "walk in closets"...
She is correct. Only the mother and the pups can fit comfortably inside the den, correct me if I am wrong.

So, I agree with Koa and Nightangelwolf. Right now, you can actually get partially inside the dens when sleeping. But, having it in the tablet version is not necessarily needed? It would take away funding toward things that we could actually make more money off then adding a feature to see yourself inside the den with your pups. Though, that would be cute to see, I rather not worry about it. All you would see is sleeping wolves, that is it. We can lay down and rest, and thats all we really need with those features!

shadowwolf161719
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by shadowwolf161719 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:08 pm

I would LOVE to sleep in the den with the pups it would be so adorable and i know they arent huge but its worth it but the only thing wrong in the idea is funding....Im not sure but im leaning more on the DO THIS side..... and i have a bug to report with my game.....i keep trying to send an email but it wont go through so can i post it in the help thread or here since im already looking in This thread.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:44 am

shadowwolf161719 wrote:i have a bug to report with my game.....i keep trying to send an email but it wont go through so can i post it in the help thread or here since im already looking in This thread.

Post it on this thread-

Be aware that the team is not looking to fix bugs with the PC/Mac version, so that's the topic you can report bugs that you'd like to see fixed in the tablet version only. Beyond that, only time will tell.

TheImmortalWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by TheImmortalWolf » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Lit wrote:My concern is that I don't think lots of people actually know how small wolf dens are, and that they're implying that they are like "walk in closets" almost. Obviously, they're not. So even though it's cute and everybody wants it, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say (in my opinion) no to this idea. There's not much to it and I feel it's waste of time to put something into a game that you really can do nothing with. So in conclusion, yes, it's cute, but I'd rather not see it in the game.
the mother and the pups can fit in but thats about it. and it depends what den it is. there can be larger dens
YES i think it would be a great idea for one because we could pretend the mother was nursing the pups and it would be awesome to go inside :)

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:35 pm

To set funding aside for this minimal feature would be slightly controversial, as Koa, NAW, and others have suggested... And for that reason, I do agree that this addition to the game would result in money lost towards something that offers little worth to players over time....

Though considering that this game feature has never been seen before, and has been a request from players for quite some time, I definitely wouldn't complain if it were to be implemented. I think it would be good for players to see the actual size of the den and experience a realistic side to wolf behavior. Many people have misinterpreted wolf dens, and having an in-game opportunity to receive clarification would serve useful to many players. I also think that, for users who like to make their gaming experience as realistic as possible (such as sleeping, resting, and hunting under accurate conditions), having a den for resting would only make the pack life more real.

If funding were easily provided, and or extras set aside for additional features, this would be nice to see. I feel as though most Players would make use of it if it were included.

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:22 pm

I would agree if the funding can be used for something else, use it for it instead.

firedog6
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: At My Desk, on the Compuster, Sitting on A Chair, Obviously

Post by firedog6 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:27 am

It would be epic, and if you could put your pups inside if there's predators around - like in real life - that would be awesome.

But if you're looking to do something new, do wolf eye colors.
Green, yellow, red, brown, orange, grey & amber. :D
Last edited by firedog6 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:22 am

It would be a nice addition to the game, but as the previous members who've replied about the size and structure of the dens, that only the mother and pups can fit into are much more of the problem. perhaps if you could hide food that you scavenged off carrions to be hidden in the den? Like hoading for instance.

-VicesAndVirtues-
Pup
Pup

Post by -VicesAndVirtues- » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:38 pm

That would be really really cool!!! I've always wanted to go inside the den! Great idea!

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”