Lion Documentaries

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup

Lion Documentaries

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 pm

I love lions, especially those shows that are about the struggles of a lone individual or a pride that is trying to overcome hard times. I even have a list of memorable RL lions who have touched me. My most favorite lioness has to be Kamunyak, from the show 'Heart of a Lioness'. Her name is lovely, her story was beautiful and iconic even to this day. A few others on my list are not exactly as well known, like Siva, Chipazuwa and her daughter Katswiri, and this one pride who has two near-white lionesses.

I just finished Lion Army, very good although these teenage male lions were very rude at the start of the film, enough they made some of the pride call it quits.

There is a question I would love to post to one of the designers of WQ...have they considered doing games for different species? There is game for cougars, but what about lions? It would be fun to be able to have a lone lioness or lion who must survive on their own and find a mate (or in case of the male, take over a pride). You would be able to hunt with other lions and can watch the cubs and the 'stranger wolves' would be rogue males attempting a take over.

In the film I am watching now, it gave an interesting detail that could make an all new playing field. Lone lions tend to have better success when hunting at night.

Anyway, do you guys have any other good lion films? I want to see as many as I can, but Youtube can be complicated. You can find good films, but also poor ones. But I won't judge.

Pegasos
Pup
Pup
Name: Maisa, Masaa

Re: Lion Documentaries

Post by Pegasos » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:21 am

Lions are great animals too! I must agree with you of that, but about a new game making of other animals, WolfQuest Team, as a name tells, they're have invested in wolves life and maybe other Yellowstone's animals, so I think they're not going make games of lions.
WolfQuest Game is based on Yellowstone's National Park life and I do not know now, maybe intended to explore the wolf life. Anyway,
explore Yellowstone wolves life. I'm not sure about this, but then I suppose.

I've watched lot of Documents of lions and movies, one is Disney's related and drawn, Lion King.
av by LupinzPack

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:40 am

We're certainly interested in other animals than wolves, but this year we're very focused on WolfQuest.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:45 pm

There is a film called The Last Lions. I watched it a long time ago but it is very beautiful, and it's narrated by Jeremy Irons who plays Scar in The Lion King. :D

It focuses on a mother lion raising her three cubs on her own.

I did not like lions when I was little. I thought they were cruel, and I guess I was more of a tiger fan, haha. But I have come to sympathise with them and I think they are very beautiful creatures. :)
Avatar (c) LupinzPack. Thank you. :)