(new) Rules for Nature & Wildlife Photography

Submit your own photographs of nature & wildlife by following the instructions in the stickied topics in this forum. A new theme will be posted each month, so check back frequently!

Moderator: Isela

Forum rules
This forum is for original photographs only. If you submit a photograph that is not yours, you may receive a warning or be banned from the forums. Read the Rules for Nature & Wildlife Photography, then follow the instructions in that topic to have your photo(s) reviewed and posted.
Kivia

Re: (new) Rules for Nature & Wildlife Photography

Post by Kivia » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:46 pm

Question- is black and white photography allowed? I see it reads that alterations other than brightening and sharpening and the likes are not allowed, but I have some photographs that I changed to grayscale and was curious if those were acceptable. If not it's totally cool- I've got many other color photos to choose from. =3

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:08 pm

Kivia wrote:Question- is black and white photography allowed? I see it reads that alterations other than brightening and sharpening and the likes are not allowed, but I have some photographs that I changed to grayscale and was curious if those were acceptable. If not it's totally cool- I've got many other color photos to choose from. =3
I'd actually forgotten all about black and white photography. I'll allow it. (:
freelance artist/illustrator // biology student and wildlife enthusiast // sometimes i draw things for WQ

[instagram] [facebook] [twitter] [prints]
[click here to tell me what to draw]

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:27 am

Sweeeeet, thanks for the quick response! =D

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Changed max photos per week rule from 5 to 7. 7 makes more sense since... 7 days in a week. It being 5 was kind of a weird remnant from the old rules that I wasn't sure whether or not to change.
freelance artist/illustrator // biology student and wildlife enthusiast // sometimes i draw things for WQ

[instagram] [facebook] [twitter] [prints]
[click here to tell me what to draw]

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:09 pm

Hopefully it's alright to post here. I noticed it's been a while since the last activity on this topic.
However, I'm very interested in creating my own photography thread here sometime. I think it would be quite fun to add to the photography forum <3
I do have a question about watermarks. What if the watermark is your real name? I know sharing personal information on the community is not allowed. Do watermarks fall under this rule as well?
And the tempest is raging,

it's caving-in the sky

couldn't tame it if she tried

---Cora Rose - The Tempest
Avie © howl-ite

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:34 pm

Isela wrote:Hopefully it's alright to post here. I noticed it's been a while since the last activity on this topic.
However, I'm very interested in creating my own photography thread here sometime. I think it would be quite fun to add to the photography forum <3
I do have a question about watermarks. What if the watermark is your real name? I know sharing personal information on the community is not allowed. Do watermarks fall under this rule as well?
If you have a watermark that has your full name, blurring out a portion of it may be an option.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Koa wrote:
Isela wrote:Hopefully it's alright to post here. I noticed it's been a while since the last activity on this topic.
If you have a watermark that has your full name, blurring out a portion of it may be an option.
Okay, so first name showing and last name blurred would be alright?

it's caving-in the sky

Avie © howl-ite

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Isela wrote:
Koa wrote:
Yes, that's fine.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Koa wrote:
Isela wrote:
Koa wrote:
Yes, that's fine.
Gotcha, thank you for the clarification! :]

it's caving-in the sky

Avie © howl-ite

Return to “Nature & Wildlife Photography”