June 2012 Theme: Sunrises & Sunsets

Submit your own photographs of nature & wildlife by following the instructions in the stickied topics in this forum.

Moderator: Isela

Forum rules
This forum is for original photographs only. If you submit a photograph that is not yours, you may receive a warning or be banned from the forums. Read the Rules for Nature & Wildlife Photography, then follow the instructions in that topic to have your photo(s) reviewed and posted.
Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

June 2012 Theme: Sunrises & Sunsets

Post by Rikkuzilla » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:14 am

This month's photography topic is sunrises and sunsets. So, send us some pictures of some shots of some picturesque sunrises and/or sunsets!

Share a little about the location too!

Remember, all submissions will be posted on the first post of the thread, so you'll want to check back often for new additions! Community members can comment and compare photos, discuss photography tips, etc.

If you'd like to submit a photo, please be sure to review the rules first! :]
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=65921

Photo Taken by: wolfman200789
Note from wolfman200789: Photo taken at lincoln rock state park WA.

Photo Taken by: CrystalsAndSwords
Note from CrystalsAndSwords: This was taken in Cornwall 2011.

Photos Taken by: SilverMoonlight
Note from SilverMoonlight: Hello! SilverMoonlight here, with a few pictures of sunsets for the photography area of WQ. (: The first two were taken in Northern Florida, while the last three were taken on the island of Kauai.

Zoes Sunset-

This is a picture of our dog Zoe sitting quite photogenically in front of a Florida sunset in our back yard.

Foggy Sunset-

The sun is very red in this picture, a cloudy and rather foggy sunset leaving the sky vibrant with one last tinge of brilliant color before the sun disappears over the many pine trees beyond our yard.

Kauai Sunset-

This is a photo of our vacation to the island of Kauai, but don't misinterpret, at the time we lived on Oahu so it was not a far trip. Definitely my favorite island.

Kauai Niihau Sunset-

A photo of the sunset off the beach of Barking Sands beach. If you look, you can see Niihau, the not-so-far off island that is easily visible on the horizon.

Kauai, sun is gone-

The sun has done, and with that you can see the vibrant oranges, reds, and yellows as it leaves its final mark before the millions of stars(With the arms of the galaxy viewable on the less populated island) appear and light up the sky.

Photos Taken by: hopeless dreamer
Note from hopeless dreamer: I took this one up in Kauai, Hawaii last year.

This one was also taken up in Kauai. I used a Canon EOS 50D and edited these photos a little bit, not to much though. Just a little brightening and that was it. (:
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

ZeRivet
Former WQ Moderator

Re: June 2012 Theme: Sunrises & Sunsets

Post by ZeRivet » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:38 am

Oh, I look forward to seeing all the awesome pictures sent in for this month! This one seems pretty simply, but I'm sure each photo will look completely different and end up being all complex or something. ^^
| | | “I'm allergic to rocks hitting me in the face.” | | |
Avatar (C) me | Quote (C) Mark Rowe| All The Rocks

Crupi
Pup
Pup

Post by Crupi » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:38 am

Unfortunately I recently removed all documents on my computer which I didn't need, including photos I had of sunrises and sunsets. So unless I manage to snap some pictures of them soon, I won't have any to send in. Nonetheless, I'm still enthusiastic to see the photos everyone else has to submit.
Great theme for June. .o.
____
_____WQ member since 2011

___Avatar of Alfie © Jewelz.

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 pm

I got some photos last weekend which was memorial day weekemd. I got some nice nature photos like flowers,forests,rivers,mountains and some wildlife such as birds of prey,small birds,bison,and rivers. Some of which were taken during the very begining of a sunset. Most of which were taken while moving. Moving as in driven down the highway. My family does not stop at everything I see on the road that looks pretty.If we did we would never get to where we are going. Instead i sit in my seat taking moving out the window photographs. Most of them turn out beutiful despite the challenge. Some of them the sun shine into the vehicle hitting the window making dust and rain block the photo.Those ones i end up deleting. Some of them i miss completely. Like on the way home last weekend we had to pass through some mountains I spoted some elk grazing near the roadside. Took out the camera and missed it. Mostley because I was moving and they were not. It was four hor drive as well so I ended up falling asleep and waking up geting ready to take pictures to pass the time when i notticed them. Photography while moving is difficult but sometimes even then i can get my perfect shot. So anyway I plan on sending those scenic sunset photos in soon.
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:44 pm

I got a question, Are we pose to take flowers in our Community?
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:03 pm

WolvesOfTheSeas wrote:I got a question, Are we pose to take flowers in our Community?
Flowers were May's topic. ^^ You must take pictures of sunsets or sunrises for this month's theme. :3
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Alpha Female wrote:
WolvesOfTheSeas wrote:I got a question, Are we pose to take flowers in our Community?
Flowers were May's topic. ^^ You must take pictures of sunsets or sunrises for this month's theme. :3
I know, but how?

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:38 pm

WolvesOfTheSeas wrote:
Alpha Female wrote:
I know, but how?
There are countless ways to take photos, whether it be with your camera, a phone, Ipod/mp3, or some other device. If you happen to see a simple or even beautiful sunrise or sunset, take a shot and send it in to us! You can check the link on the first post for more info. ^^

If your picture is on another device or file, you may have to first upload it onto your computer, then send it in an email. Hope this helps! ^^
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Cool, Thanks BlackWarrior! I'll next month pictures when it no school

CrystalsAndSwords

Post by CrystalsAndSwords » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:27 am

Sunsets and Sunrises? Ill see if I can take a couple. ^^ I wonder what Augusts will be because thats when I'm going on holiday.
av. lupinz

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:14 am

I see good sunrise and sunsets by where am living next month ill try to take some^^

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:13 am

New rule! You may submit photos for any past month if you have not done so already. You just have to make sure you say which theme the photo(s) go along with in your email. ;D

Granger
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Shelby

Post by Granger » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Indeed, I sent five in yesterday of sunsets and such from Florida and Kauai. Can't wait to see them put up ^^