Defenders of Wildlife files Lawsuit for Wolves

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

SpiritOfTruth
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Defenders of Wildlife files Lawsuit for Wolves

Post by SpiritOfTruth » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:46 pm

I receive emails from Defenders, And thought I would share this.
Defenders of Wildlife wrote:A war is raging in the Northern Rockies over the future of America’s wolves. In Idaho, Montana and now Wyoming, the Federal Government has turned its back on wolves, leaving them at the mercy of hostile anti-wolf state legislatures.

The killing of wolves in 2012 has been relentless. In those three states alone, more than 296 wolves have been fatally shot or trapped in 2012.

We’ve filed suit to reverse the Interior Department’s decision to withdraw Endangered Species Act protections for Wyoming wolves. This lawsuit is one of our most urgent priorities in 2013.
What do you think?
ѕινєя ωιєяηєѕѕ ρα
~Okami~ α σуα ~Accalia~
нσρє ιѕ α ωαкιηg яєαм
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70592

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Defenders of Wildlife files Lawsuit for Wolves

Post by Koa » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:34 pm

I suggest you unsubscribe.
Oops, there goes the Mexican gray wolves. It's okay, Defenders just wants the thousands up north to be safe and sound. No problem there.

On a more serious and less sarcastic note, they need to quit making it like its the apocalypse for wolves. It isn't. They've seen this how many times before in some way, shape, or form? They'll live. Next, please.

SpiritOfTruth
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpiritOfTruth » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Agreed there Koa. It isn't the end of the world for wolves. They send my emails almost every day about lawsuits, court, things like that. Also, They have currently made this "adopt a wolf program" that, and I quote says this; Stop barbaric wolf management in states like Wyoming, which allows wolves to be killed in any way, in any area. I don't like the way they do things.
ѕινєя ωιєяηєѕѕ ρα
~Okami~ α σуα ~Accalia~
нσρє ιѕ α ωαкιηg яєαм

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:57 pm

SpiritOfTruth wrote:Agreed there Koa. It isn't the end of the world for wolves. They send my emails almost every day about lawsuits, court, things like that. Also, They have currently made this "adopt a wolf program" that, and I quote says this; Stop barbaric wolf management in states like Wyoming, which allows wolves to be killed in any way, in any area. I don't like the way they do things.
There's really no point in staying subscribed, then. It's unfortunate because while they have good intentions for wolves (though not exactly the "right" intentions but they would likely disagree), the way they go about doing things misinforms their followers and gives them the wrong idea.

SpiritOfTruth
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpiritOfTruth » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:59 pm

There isn't anyway I know of unsubscribing, They don't really tell you how. o.e
ѕινєя ωιєяηєѕѕ ρα
~Okami~ α σуα ~Accalia~
нσρє ιѕ α ωαкιηg яєαм

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:03 pm

SpiritOfTruth wrote:There isn't anyway I know of unsubscribing, They don't really tell you how. o.e
Contact them and ask them, and tell them why. It shouldn't be too difficult. Conservation groups really need a wake up call, but the way they have the public wrapped around gray wolves and all of these ridiculous lawsuits they're throwing, it's not happening anytime soon.

SpiritOfTruth
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpiritOfTruth » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Okay, This will be a long email ^^
ѕινєя ωιєяηєѕѕ ρα
~Okami~ α σуα ~Accalia~
нσρє ιѕ α ωαкιηg яєαм

ArrowWolf005
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ArrowWolf005 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:12 am

Ho, hum. What's next?
SpiritOfTruth wrote:
Defenders of Wildlife wrote:leaving them at the mercy of hostile anti-wolf state legislatures.
This made me laugh.
Wolves in the north are not endangered. Once there are two left up there, that's when we can get concerned. But that's not happening anytime in the forseeable future.

SpiritOfTruth wrote:
Defenders of Wildlife wrote: This lawsuit is one of our most urgent priorities in 2013.
Really? What about the Mexican wolf lawsuit that you ignored? They're wolves. Why shouldn't they get attention?
DOW is relying on information from the 1990s to drive a campaign in the 2010s. Why doesn't that work?

This is just too stupid for me to comprehend... there is much I feel right now that I can't figure out how to say. Wolf killing near Yellowstone is legal. Deal with it. Without hunting, wolves will overpopulate and kill many elk- the same elk many people rely on. With no food (remember: wolves, cougars, people, bears, coyotes, and lynx all eat the elk), wolves and the many animals will starve, and turn to smaller prey they are not accustomed to eating. Once that's gone, they starve. Then the wolves could turn on people, and Defenders can't say no to a hunt. Kill few now, kill some tomorrow... it's not the apocolypse.
Wolves are not apex predators. This mans that if you kill them off, some animals might survive. Some (overly) pro- wolf conservationalists say that if you "murder" the wolves, the elk will overpopulate and starve themselves out. They forget about people and other natural predators. And the fact that the wolves in Yellowstone... are Canadian.
Arrow
Hunting with the pack for 2 years
Rumors
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=71954
Definition
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=72174