Wisconsin Senate approves wolf hunt bill!

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Re: Wisconsin Senate approves wolf hunt bill!

Post by Blightwolf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:48 am

Koa wrote:Wolves do participate in surplus killing when it comes to their diet. This hunting going on in Wisconsin is beside the "bloodthristy" point, though; I think a lot of folks have come away from that and are more for or against the issue of cattle; in addition to that statement, I think a lot of pro-wolf folks BELIEVE that people still view wolves as "bloodthirsty" when in reality the majority of folks are the exact opposite and way too naive about wolves and see them as innocent creatures.
Brilliantly put, Koa. Also, not to mention, claiming that wolves are "bloodthirsty" (or "innocent") is anthropomorphizing. Giving human attributes to animals is ridiculous. Animals are not "good" nor "evil" - those are human concepts and apply to humans only. Animals are animals with animal instincts. Wolves are no different. They're carnivores and predators, they kill and they eat. Simplicity itself - it has got nothing to do with the animal being "bloodthirsty."

Anyway, back to the wolf hunt. Wisconsin has a population of 815-880 wolves, which is a rough 4% increase over the 2010-2011 end-of-winter estimate. Hunters can kill off 20-30% of wolves off of a stable, healthy population and do so with a good consicence without affecting the overall population whatsoever. It doesn't affect the wolves a squat, people. Everyone can be at ease.
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

Shadowtalon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Wisconsin Senate approves wolf hunt bill!

Post by Shadowtalon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:24 am

Blightwolf wrote:
Koa wrote:Wolves do participate in surplus killing when it comes to their diet. This hunting going on in Wisconsin is beside the "bloodthristy" point, though; I think a lot of folks have come away from that and are more for or against the issue of cattle; in addition to that statement, I think a lot of pro-wolf folks BELIEVE that people still view wolves as "bloodthirsty" when in reality the majority of folks are the exact opposite and way too naive about wolves and see them as innocent creatures.
Brilliantly put, Koa. Also, not to mention, claiming that wolves are "bloodthirsty" (or "innocent") is anthropomorphizing. Giving human attributes to animals is ridiculous. Animals are not "good" nor "evil" - those are human concepts and apply to humans only. Animals are animals with animal instincts. Wolves are no different. They're carnivores and predators, they kill and they eat. Simplicity itself - it has got nothing to do with the animal being "bloodthirsty."
Dolphins are pretty bloodthirsty. They, like humans, can have "carnal pleasures" just for the feeling on it. Not to mention they force it upon other animals [humans too. Very violent]. And their intelligence is very close to a human.
So it can apply to dolphins, seeing that they know what they're doing.