Oregon lawmaker doesn't want Europeans involved

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Oregon lawmaker doesn't want Europeans involved

Post by Koa » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:01 pm

I thought this was interesting and would help update users on the wolf situation, as well an issue regarding international relations on this matter if you wish to call it that. Perhaps he could have been a bit more polite..?
PORTLAND, Ore. —

Oregon state Senate Minority Leader Ted Ferrioli says he doesn't need any advice from foreigners about protecting wolves.

The Republican from John Day, in Eastern Oregon, sent a blunt reply to a South African singer living in Greece, Louise du Toit, when she wrote him to urge opposition to a bill that would remove wolves from Oregon's endangered species list, The Oregonian reported.
Full article:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2014189673_apormindyourownbusiness1stldwritethru.html

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Re: Oregon lawmaker doesn't want Europeans involved

Post by Thandi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:46 pm

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

Geez, I mean for (Civilized?) polititions and lawmakers, these people are acting quite immature and childish, I just hope that the wolves will be reintroduced since I think that would be a plus for their population.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Thandi wrote:Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

Geez, I mean for (Civilized?) polititions and lawmakers, these people are acting quite immature and childish, I just hope that the wolves will be reintroduced since I think that would be a plus for their population.
His home county even proclaimed itself to be a United-Nations free zone. That bothers me. Alright, so sometimes the advice you are given isn't the best but there's no need to reply like that. I know folks have their bad days and everyone makes mistakes, but it doesn't seem like this was any accident if his county's status (if you want to call it that) is actually true.

Valgekihv
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Valgekihv » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:13 am

So much hate in one man...
I hope he isn't forgetting that he is an European too and a foreigner on that land. Pity.
White

White wolf solace
Pup
Pup

Post by White wolf solace » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:54 pm

It is a wonder he ever became a politician, those who have so much hate and Hypocrisy should not be in positions of responsibility.
Staring into my eyes, they can't comprehend what it is that they see, is it a being, or is it just an illusion, they wonder if they even really exist, or if they are just figments of my dream...

Now a proud member of Solstice Pack