Species of Endangered Wolves (Worldwide)

Discuss wolf conservation and status.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Species of Endangered Wolves (Worldwide)

Post by Songdog » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:05 am

A 'tiger wolf', or more properly known as the Tasmanian Tiger, or Thylacine, was not a canine, it was a marsupial that lived in Australia, but went extinct in 1936, though some people believe they may still be alive. They were a rather unusual animal, but they were not canines.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... lacine.jpg

Webkinz88
Pup
Pup
Location: padding through Alaska with my pups (<-coming soon) and my mate P.S. GO TO MY SIGHT PLEASE!

Post by Webkinz88 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:36 pm

Ok! :oops: :oops: Sorry! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I got my own sight now!: www.freewebs.com/jayxcinder87
(wolf section added) Why was me gone? READING WARRIOR CATS!!!!!!

CLBaileyi
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by CLBaileyi » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:14 pm

Darkwalker wrote:The question is, how do we get them un-endangered? All of them.
There are several ways to increase the population of an endangered species. The biggest thing is finding out why they became endangered in the first place and going on from there. With some species, it might mean a protected area/habitat; for others a captive breeding program and release project will help. Sometimes a limit on "take or removal" is necessary and then the limitations can be removed when the population rises. Sometimes, it might not be possible-depending on the species and how close to extinction it already has become. It all depends on the species and how important it is to the general public for them to remain on this earth.
" Many people think that conservation is just saving fluffy animals - what they don't realize is that conservation is war to prevent the human race from committing suicide. " Gerald Durrell (1925-1995)

Return to “Wolf Conservation”