Meadow Pack | *Updated June 20th, '18

Make or join a pack in Pack Central. Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.

Moderator: Koa

Forum rules
Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.
brownwolf
Pup
Pup

Meadow Pack | *Updated June 20th, '18

Post by brownwolf » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Hello there! I'm Brownwolf, but you can call me Burn or Auburn! This is a pack for individuals who have very busy lives outside of the internet, but who would still like to be active in Wolfquest and be a part of pack life. This pack would act as a relaxing and fun outlet from the stresses of real life. That is not to say that roleplay or IC (in-character) drama is prohibited or ruled out. I want to keep this pack as realistic as possible, but there is a pack hierarchy (as opposed to real packs). But the purpose of this pack, which is what makes it unique from the others, is the recognition of life outside of the pack. Therefore, roleplaying and in-game get-togethers are not rushed or forced because I recognize that real life takes the front seat. I do have some ideas for fun in-game activities, even "traditions" of sorts for the pack.
________

Pack Life can be stressful and tedious for wolves. The will to survive runs strong in every wolf's blood. Hunting, defending our kin, and fighting against the laws of nature and man have proven to take a toll on us. But all of our hard work pays off with the unbreakable bond of the pack. Family, love-- these are the things we survive for. It is a team effort, and every link is crucial to our pack...

Ranks:

Alphas: - 1 slot left
Auburn (Brownwolf)

The Alphas lead and guide the pack. Gives orders to the subordinates, and the Beta. They also participate in any and all of the roles of the Middle Class as well.

Beta: Lexis (GreyWolf87)

The Beta is second in command who will eventually take over-- should anything happen to the Alpha Male or Female. The Beta may carry out commands of the Alphas, and/or will be in charge is the Alphas are away from the Pack camp. They are a subordinate of the Alphas, but everyone else in the pack (the Middle class and Omegas) is a subordinate the Beta.

Subordinate Wolves / "Middle Class" : Ruth (LungDrac), Kamisha (Hiedidog) - 3 slots left

These Middle Class wolves are responsible for hunting, marking territory, and defending the pack. They are submissive to both Beta and Alphas.

Omegas: --- - 3 slots left

The Omegas are at the bottom of the hierarchy. They feed last, sometimes not at all (especially in the Winter seasons where the Omegas must sacrifice for the others). They are often bullied (almost used as a punching bag for the upper-class wolves). They will often times watch over the pups if the parents are not around.

-----

Application Rules:
1. Wolves may not have supernatural powers. They may have some unrealistic markings, however they must be small. Please explain these markings under 'History' or 'Physical Characteristics.' Please keep your wolf as realistic as possible. If there is a problem, I will let you know what to change and how much to get the green light.
2. If, under 'desired rank' you are applying for a Middle Class wolf, please state your special skill! (defender/hunter/etc).
3. If your wolf has a tracking collar/scar/abnormal piercing/anything out-of-the-ordinary, please include this under 'Extra' or 'Physical characteristics.' Please also include a realistic reason or it! Note that 'Extra' is for anything that you feel has not already been covered in the previous categories for your wolf.
4. Please no novels for personalities. Feel free to use brief phrases, or use MBTI to use as personalities for your wolf. (this is to encourage roleplaying for the future).
5. It is preferred that applying members are 17 years, or older. I will, of course, take into account members who are younger.
6. Just because you submit an application does not ensure you will get in. There is a secondary, highly-encouraged part of the application which is a one-on-one interview with me via a private game or private message to ensure this is the right kind of pack for the player. It's not a must because this part could take some time, especially because of the different time zones, but it's something that's recommended especially for the higher ranks of Beta and Alpha Male. For these two high ranks, it'd be a 1-on-1 game. If you are applying for any lower rank then I would do a group game, if possible. This isn't mandatory, but I would like to make an effort and you're most likely to officially get in if we meet up. Plus, pack bonding! :wolf:

Character Application:
Name:
Physical characteristics:
Species:
Personality:
History:
Extra
Desired rank?
Do you recognize that you will be accountable for abiding by Pack and Application rules?

I think it's only fair that I show my application as well, so here is my model application:
Name: Auburn
Appearance: Her coat is a deep auburn color (hence her name). Eyes are a dark-golden shade. Has 2 scars across her face from a bear attack when she was young. Has a gold ring piercing on her right ear, given to her by humans when she was briefly captured when she was 2 years old. Auburn is a smaller-than-average wolf, even smaller than most females. So her strength may falter, however she makes up for this in her incredible speed.
Species: Gray wolf, with a bit of Red wolf blood in her.
Personality: Confident, emotionally driven, stubborn, sassy, compassionate, goofy, brave. ENFP/ENFJ.
History: Auburn was born in Soda Butte Vista of Amethyst Mountains, along with her younger sister, Willow. Her parents were both loners that eloped together in efforts to start a pack. However, the first winter, Willow died from a bear attack upon the family. The spring and summer after, Auburn and her parents began to travel to Slough Creek, but stumbled upon a human settlement before they had made it into the Slough Creek. Auburn attempted to hunt on her own, stalking the cow on the farm of the human land, but as caught and chased by the humans. Her parents had got away, but Auburn was captured by the humans. She never saw her parents after that incident. They did some strange tests on her, tagged her ear with a gold ring, and to her surprise set her free. Auburn found herself in Lost River after moons of traveling as a loner. But now Auburn is determined to start life anew, with her own pack.
Extra: (listed in 'Appearance')
Desired rank? Alpha Female
Do you recognize that you will be accountable for abiding by Pack and Application rules? Yes!
Helpful resources:
Wolf Subspecies (get creative!)
What is an MBTI?
Last edited by brownwolf on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Auburn, Leader of Meadow Pack

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Re: Meadow Pack | New & Accepting!

Post by duskypack » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:20 pm

By the way, real wolf packs don't have hierarchies like alpha and beta - they are family groups consisting of parents and offspring, so you might want to remove that bit.

Besides that, your packs looks awesome and I'll definitely be stalking ^-^
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

brownwolf
Pup
Pup

Post by brownwolf » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:36 am

Duskypack- Ah, thank you for that correction! But, I still think I want to keep the alphas and betas in there for roleplay-sake/just for fun. But I will now correct this as not a 100% realistic wolf pack so that I don't misrepresent true wolf packs. Thank you again for your interest! If there's anything else that doesn't look right let me know! *goes back to do a double-check ;D

also an update: I will be hosting a game tomorrow from 1 PM to 2 PM (Pacific Time Zone)! Game is "MeadowPack" password is "join".
Last edited by brownwolf on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:15 pm

brownwolf wrote: *goes back to do a double-check ;D
I wouldn't technically class this as roleplaying, as it is something you could be doing. But just be mindful of using * as it gives the impression of role-playing.

•Roleplaying in the forums (posting as if you were someone/thing other than whom you really are, or doing something you couldn't really do, i.e.- *hugs WQ Coordinator* or -perks ears-), except in the new WolfQuest Roleplay Thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68437)
Wolf567 / Blaze

Dragonbot
Pup
Pup

Post by Dragonbot » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Member Application:
Name: Nevermore
Physical characteristics: Has dark black fur that has a blue/purple/green shine to it (kinda like a starling). Yellow eyes, one slightly crooked paw (front left).
Species: Yukon wolf
Personality: Sly, secretive, good leader though. Very stern, makes sure the pack follows the rules, but knows when to have mercy. Very protective, hates intruders of any sort.
History: Was thrown out of his pack at a young age on account of being accused of treason. Was able to hunt deer and rabbits on his own, but he has been keeping an eye out for a new pack.
Extra: (See physical characteristics)
Desired rank? Alpha Male
Do you recognize that you will be accountable for abiding by Pack and Application rules? Yes

Edit: Ok, sure! My time zone is Eastern Standard Time. Just tell me when you would like to meet

:raven: :wolf: :raven: :wolf:
Last edited by Dragonbot on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees,
Up, up it goes,
And yet never grows?

brownwolf
Pup
Pup

Post by brownwolf » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:36 pm

Hello hrskoala, thanks for your application!

It was just as I saw your application that I was adding an update for a part 2 process in applying!
So, as the update says, I'd love to arrange a 1-on-1 get-together with you in-game sometime! Just let me know your time zone and if we'd be able to make that happen or not. Of course, this isn't mandatory, but considering you'd be the Alpha Male I'd like to get to know you first and ask how active you'd be, etc.

selenarum
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by selenarum » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:30 pm

brownwolf wrote:Hello there! I'm Brownwolf, but you can call me Burn or Auburn! This is a pack for individuals who have very busy lives outside of the internet, but who would still like to be active in Wolfquest and be a part of pack life. This pack would act as a relaxing and fun outlet from the stresses of real life. That is not to say that roleplay or IC (in-character) drama is prohibited or ruled out. I want to keep this pack as realistic as possible, but there is a pack hierarchy (as opposed to real packs). But the purpose of this pack, which is what makes it unique from the others, is the recognition of life outside of the pack. Therefore, roleplaying and in-game get-togethers are not rushed or forced because I recognize that real life takes the front seat. I do have some ideas for fun in-game activities, even "traditions" of sorts for the pack. But, I don't want to spill them out all at once, especially when I have no members yet! If I do get enough members, I will create a proboard forum or wikifoundry for the pack and shall operate from there instead of on the wolfquest forums.

Now that you know what this pack is about, I'll go on to the fun stuff. Meadow Pack resides in Lost River. I've found 7 destinations that could make good pack camps, we will decide as a pack which one is best). During the winter (mid-August-January), we migrate to our Slough Creek territory. And, for special occasions, we go to Amethyst Mountain (for reasons TBA! :wink: ).

Hi, i'm very new to this game and right now I'm still trying to get as much fun as I can learning on my own. I really love this idea because I do have a busy schedule and can't always find the time to play. Is there a limit to how many members you will be getting? Just asking 'cause I'm looking forward to join your pack soon but only when I get my schedule in order. It would be a bummer to see that next time I check your pack is closed. Anyway, I'll keep watching this thread for updates from time to time. Thanks.

Styloac
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Styloac » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:55 am

It's been forever and a half since I RP'd on WolfQuest, so I may be rusty, but be patient with me. I catch on fast and remember my roots <3

Name: Thyra
Physical characteristics: Thyra is small but quite wiry, having tons of speed and stamina on her side. Her fur is dark grey mottled with browns and a cream-coloured belly. Her eyes are a bright, intelligent amber. She also has a notch in her right ear.
Species: Gray Wolf
Personality: Thyra is stubbornly insubordinate, but quite calm and as nurturing as a mother. She tries to think of things as morally-right and fair as possible and tends to worry way too much about things she cannot even fix.
History: Thyra had a relatively normal life, growing up with two parents, two siblings, and minimal threats to her safety. When it came time to disperse, she founded her own pack, her own family, and lost them not long after to the woes of famine and a nearby rival pack. She fled and now seeks out a new life with a new family, even if most packs aren't often kind to loners.
Extra: Notched Ear
Desired rank?Beta, Middle-Class, Omega, I'll take whatever I can get.
Do you recognize that you will be accountable for abiding by Pack and Application rules? Yes!!
Last edited by Styloac on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:57 am

History: Thyra had a relatively normal life, growing up with two parents, two siblings, and minimal threats to her safety. When it came time to disperse, she found herself a strong, healthy, kind-hearted mate and attempted to start her own family pack. Unfortunately, the woes of nature struck down her three pups and her mate in the form of famine and a very aggressive nearby pack. She fled and now seeks out a new life with a new family, even if most packs aren't often kind to loners.
Mates and mate-related content is not allowed on WolfQuest. Please remove it from your post and read the Rules for Pack Central if you have not yet done so.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Styloac
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Styloac » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:45 am

Mates and mate-related content is not allowed on WolfQuest. Please remove it from your post and read the Rules for Pack Central if you have not yet done so.

My sincerest apologies. I figured it wouldn't count if it was not detailed and was no longer an aspect of her life. I will change it now.

brownwolf
Pup
Pup

Post by brownwolf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Hello Styloac and Selenarum! Sorry for my late response, lately I have been ill and my schedule has been very hectic these past 2 weeks.
Selenarum: Hi, i'm very new to this game and right now I'm still trying to get as much fun as I can learning on my own. I really love this idea because I do have a busy schedule and can't always find the time to play. Is there a limit to how many members you will be getting? Just asking 'cause I'm looking forward to join your pack soon but only when I get my schedule in order. It would be a bummer to see that next time I check your pack is closed. Anyway, I'll keep watching this thread for updates from time to time. Thanks.

Hello and Welcome! To answer your question, I don't have a limit on how many members yet. At least for now, there is no limit because this pack is still in the process of forming as you can see :) I completely understand if you have a busy schedule, so take your time!

Styloac, thank you for your application! I will be messaging you soon!

Also, there has been another update added!

GreyWolf87
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by GreyWolf87 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:55 pm

(Please note that the username to the side is for the forum however my account name for WQ version 2.7 is: QuinnWolf since i cant sign in to the forum with that username)

Name: Lexis
Physical characteristics: Lexis' coat is a deep black with a white/grey under pelt. His eyes are a dark gold almost light brown. Due to a confrontation with an older male in his old pack he has a torn left ear, this however does not effect his hearing. His body structure is well built, this is a result of his superior strength however his speed and stamina are not to far behind.
Species: pure grey wolf
Personality: dominant, stubborn, brave, yet kind with a sense of humor
History: His parents were part of a large pack when he was young. as he was growing up he showed the potential of his strength by protecting the pups in the pack from a grizzly bear. however, an older male in the pack say him as a threat to his rank in the pack which lead to a confrontation. Lexis did not stand down, eventually he got the better of the other male. despite this Lexis decided to leave the pack at age three in search of his own.
Desired rank: Alpha Male Or Beta
Do you recognize that you will be accountable for abiding by Pack and Application rules? Yes

I hope you will consider me in becoming a member of your pack.
Side note i live ins NSW, Aus. Just to give you an idea of the time zone differences.

brownwolf
Pup
Pup

Post by brownwolf » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Hello GreyWolf87! Thanks so much for your application- you're in!
I'll put you in as Beta for now, however I haven't been able to contact Hrskoala for some time who is supposed to be the Alpha Male. I'll keep you posted and get in contact with you soon! Which username should I contact you at?

LungDrac

Post by LungDrac » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:41 pm

I've got one wolf that might be beneficial for the pack.

Name: Ruth

Physical characteristics: Her coat is a gray-red colour with patches of gray. Her face, feet, and underbelly are a pale cream colour. Her fur is coarse, rough, and not terribly pleasant to look at. Her eyes are yellow, but they've lost their brightness due to old age.

Species: Gray wolf

Personality: Sympathetic, calm, easy-going; gets persistent when hunting

History:

Ruth was born in a small pack, with only her parents and a brother. Her brother was picked off by a coyote when their parents were attempting to move them out of the den, and she only narrowly avoided being caught by an eagle a few days later. She still carries scars on her face from where it scratched her. Luckily, things got better after Ruth and her parents found another place to live, and they were happy for a few years. After she turned 2, she left as a dispersal wolf. She joined a new pack, although this one wasn't very stable. By the time she was 4, the pack had turned on itself due to a long rough patch. She was left to wander as a lone wolf for about a year and got caught by humans to be fit with a radio collar. She's getting old, but she's not out of the mortal coil just yet. Ruth is willing to work hard to earn a place in a pack, especially on hunting duty.

Extra: Radio collar

Desired rank? Subordinate/ hunter

Do you recognize that you will be accountable for abiding by Pack and Application rules? Yup!
Last edited by LungDrac on Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brownwolf
Pup
Pup

Post by brownwolf » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Thank you LungDrac, welcome to the pack! Ruth sounds like she'll make a great addition! I'll be in contact with you soon :)