A guide for realistic multi-player roleplaying

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Game. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
O' Brien
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Kyouki

Re: A guide for realistic multi-player roleplaying

Post by O' Brien » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Very good topic. I enjoy realistic roleplay.

I accept talking wolves though as long as they are saying they are grumbling it, growling, yipping it, snarling it, etc. You get my point so that way it is obvious that the wolf is not talking human language but through behaviors and sounds.

For ex: The pup creeps to near to my kill. Protectively I snap my head towards the pup. Muzzle lips pull up to expose sharp canine teeth. A light growl surfaces from deep within the throat, saying to the other this kill is mine. You will wait your turn.

I also have a hard time keeping posts short. I am used to paragraph styled roleplaying on furcadia and sometimes on forums. So I have come up with a way that longer posts can work in the multiplayer. It requires the patience of the others to wait for you to finish though.

After your post is complete to signal the next person can go Type. .End. at the end of your post.

I made a thread a couple of minutes ago for a spot people could post thier multiplayer descriptions but for some reason someone keeps deleting it. I'm not using any vulgar terms...I'm not roleplaying there. It is just somewhere that everyone can describe what thier wolf looks like and acts like. So I am very confused by that, especially since they are just outright deleteing it without pming me of what I did wrong or who the person is that is doing it.
“A truly brave man is ever serene; he is never taken by surprise; nothing ruffles the equanimity of his spirit. In the heat of battle he remains cool; in the midst of catastrophes he keeps level his mind. Earthquakes do not shake him, he laughs at storms. ”

Bushido: Way of the Warrior Roleplay

-Radiance-
Pup
Pup

Post by -Radiance- » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:11 am

O' Brien wrote:Very good topic. I enjoy realistic roleplay.

I accept talking wolves though as long as they are saying they are grumbling it, growling, yipping it, snarling it, etc. You get my point so that way it is obvious that the wolf is not talking human language but through behaviors and sounds.

For ex: The pup creeps to near to my kill. Protectively I snap my head towards the pup. Muzzle lips pull up to expose sharp canine teeth. A light growl surfaces from deep within the throat, saying to the other this kill is mine. You will wait your turn.

I also have a hard time keeping posts short. I am used to paragraph styled roleplaying on furcadia and sometimes on forums. So I have come up with a way that longer posts can work in the multiplayer. It requires the patience of the others to wait for you to finish though.

After your post is complete to signal the next person can go Type. .End. at the end of your post.

I made a thread a couple of minutes ago for a spot people could post thier multiplayer descriptions but for some reason someone keeps deleting it. I'm not using any vulgar terms...I'm not roleplaying there. It is just somewhere that everyone can describe what thier wolf looks like and acts like. So I am very confused by that, especially since they are just outright deleteing it without pming me of what I did wrong or who the person is that is doing it.
The system's a great idea! I am also used to rping on forums and the like not the qucik sort of rp on mp. It's also sometimes difficult for me to respond qucikly because of the detail i normally put in my posts.
....................... Rʌɗɪʌɲƈє
.......................¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸¸.*¨*`..¸
..................''......In the middle of a blizzard,
..............'.......she is there for heat and warmth.
..............'.........In the middle of a desert,
..........she is there for a cool breeze and a sign of relief.
............Radiance is she, and Radient she will always be.
.......................¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸¸.*¨*`..¸
......'.............Signature © Crystaltheglaceon

Storm Breaker
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Storm Breaker » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:24 am

It's been a while since I last updated the guide, but I've done so with the few posts that have been added! Thank you those who posted more suggestions!
Some of my favorite people are action figures.

Realistic Wolf Roleplay
http://yellowstonewolfrp.wetpaint.com/

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Since this is more of a guide, and we now have user guides forums, I'll go ahead and move this accordingly. ^^

-Moved to User Guides - The Game-
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~