WQ AE Slough Creek

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

When do you think WQ AE Slough Creek will come out?

Later this year
17%
2020 Summer
No votes
2020 Fall
No votes
2020 Winter
50%
2021 Spring
No votes
2021 Summer
17%
2021 Fall
No votes
2021 Winter
17%
Sometime in 2022
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 6

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

WQ AE Slough Creek

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:51 pm

Hello! This topic is for discussing what you guys think the new Slough Creek will be like. And\or when it will come out! I think it will come Summer next year, but I could be wrong.
Edit: I reset the votes to add more options, but they were reset, just wanted to let you know, randompersonwhoislookingatthistopic.
Last edited by SophieTheAiredale on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's a bit odd, don't you think?

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Re: WQ AE Slough Creek

Post by Mwitu » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm

I was torn between summer and fall, but I chose fall since they've been focusing on Amethyst Mountain a lot and they still have quite a bit to add to the Early Access version, what with beavers and bighorn sheep among several other additions. I'm looking forward to it (as well as multiplayer and later, Tower Fall and Lost River, of course)! :)

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:54 pm

I would say 2020 fall because of features like bighorn sheep and beavers, achievements, and ranks might take a little over a year to add.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:15 pm

elkhunter123456 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:54 pm
I would say 2020 fall because of features like bighorn sheep and beavers, achievements, and ranks might take a little over a year to add.
Mwitu wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm
I was torn between summer and fall, but I chose fall since they've been focusing on Amethyst Mountain a lot and they still have quite a bit to add to the Early Access version, what with beavers and bighorn sheep among several other additions. I'm looking forward to it (as well as multiplayer and later, Tower Fall and Lost River, of course)! :)
Yea, it might take a while for them to get everything out. What do you guys think the gameplay will be like?

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:20 am

katlove wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:15 pm
elkhunter123456 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:54 pm
Mwitu wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm
Yea, it might take a while for them to get everything out. What do you guys think the gameplay will be like?
I think the game-play will be a lot harder! The summer journey will probably take a lot longer due to the HUGE map expansions! I will look forward to watching the pups playing with each other and I'm curios at the possibility of them getting sick. I wonder how they will interact with toads. Im also exited that I will be able to carve my own territory!
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:07 am

Man it likely will be hard. Imagine standing up to those bears and cougars! You think the den sites like Saddle Meadows, Bison Peak, East Creek, and Aspen Heights will be there? I really hope so, I think Dave mentioned the old den sites still being there on a very old devblog. But I'm not sure.

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:01 am

I'm gonna say 2020 summer, since we've seen that they have a lot of models done already and they have the new codebase to work from. Also summer is a good time to release a game, especially a game targeted towards children, we all have more time to play it than during the school year.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:36 am

I think the old dens will still be there since it's the same place in the game. Of course, they'll look polished and new, but I believe they're staying put.
I don't currently have the source that caused my speculation, but I'll look for it (of course, I may or may not find it). It'll probably be before "The Story So Far" because that was when they were originally talking about Slough Creek.
Anyways, I think the gameplay will be amazing. The new pup models and personalities will make them both a lot of stress as well as a lot of fun to raise.
The genetics system will make things a bit different and I'm interested to see what happens when the pups get sick (though I'm not really eager to find out the hard way).
I'm also hoping the pups won't get hungry quite as often. I expect they'll have a new system for that as well.
As for the rendezvous site journey, I expect they'll be a little faster, simply because I'm certain (and if I'm wrong, I feel terrible for those real-life wolves out there) that wolf pups move a little faster than that. I expect it will also make a difference if the pups are lazy or energetic. The journey will be faster if the pups are energetic, probably. :)
In summary, it'll probably be a lot more complex but nevertheless so fun! :D

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:53 pm

Mwitu wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:36 am
I don't currently have the source that caused my speculation, but I'll look for it (of course, I may or may not find it). It'll probably be before "The Story So Far" because that was when they were originally talking about Slough Creek.
I think that the WQ team said something about the old dens in "WolfQuest goes to Yellowstone: Slough Creek"

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:13 am

katlove wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:53 pm
Mwitu wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:36 am
I think that the WQ team said something about the old dens in "WolfQuest goes to Yellowstone: Slough Creek"
I think so, too. I watched the video and it made me think that they'd be keeping the old dens because the old map is a portion of the new map. So they'll still be there, probably, though it's hard to say.
It seemed implied, but you never know. I hope they're still there, anyways.
I guess we can only wait and see! :D

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm

I'm personally assuming that Slough Creek will be released sometime around the end of 2020. It currently seems very unlikely that we'll see it released much sooner than that, and I think even early fall seems unlikely. But since most of the game mechanics seem to already be finished, I'm not sure if it will be quite 2021 before we get it. Part of why it took so long for the Early Access version to be released is due to the fact that the developers were starting from scratch and had to actually create the codebase for the game, along with most of the gameplay and animals. Most of that is finished now, so the team already has a foundation to build on for future episodes. Really all the new stuff that needs to be made for Slough Creek is the new map, the new missions, and a few features that aren't in the first episode. That means that Slough Creek should, theoretically, not take quite as long to come out as Amethyst did. However, we have been wrong about these things before, so take everything I've said here with a hefty grain of salt. Plus, even if it takes years for Slough Creek to be finished and released, there's still plenty of other things to be excited about in the meantime, like multiplayer or the new bighorn sheep.

In conclusion, we really don't have a way of knowing when the second episode of the game will be released, other than "when it's finished". :)
Last edited by DinoDogDude209 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:26 am

DinoDogDude209 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm
I'm personally assuming that Slough Creek will come in either late summer or early fall of 2020. It currently seems very unlikely that we'll see it released before the end of this year, and I think even early 2020 seems quite unlikely. But since most of the game mechanics seem to already be finished, I'm not sure if it will be quite 2021 before we get it. Part of why it took so long for the Early Access version to be released is due to the fact that the developers were starting from scratch and had to actually create the codebase for the game, along with most of the gameplay and animals. Most of that is finished now, so the team already has a foundation to build on for future episodes. Really all the new stuff that needs to be made for Slough Creek is the new map, the new missions, and a few features that aren't in the first episode. That means that Slough Creek should, theoretically, not take quite as long to come out as Amethyst did. However, we have been wrong about this before, so take everything I've said here with a hefty grain of salt. Plus, even if it takes years for Slough Creek to be finished and released, there's still plenty of other things to be excited about in the meantime, like multiplayer or the new bighorn sheep.

In conclusion, we really don't have a way of knowing when the second episode of the game will be released, other than "when it's finished". :)
Yes, I agree with this. I have a feeling slough creek might come out late 2020-early 2021.. we also have towerfall, multiplayer, and mobile version left :?
So much left to do.. and 1 episode took 3 years to make, but it started from scratch.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:17 pm

GoldenBeauty wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:26 am
DinoDogDude209 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm
I'm personally assuming that Slough Creek will come in either late summer or early fall of 2020. It currently seems very unlikely that we'll see it released before the end of this year, and I think even early 2020 seems quite unlikely. But since most of the game mechanics seem to already be finished, I'm not sure if it will be quite 2021 before we get it. Part of why it took so long for the Early Access version to be released is due to the fact that the developers were starting from scratch and had to actually create the codebase for the game, along with most of the gameplay and animals. Most of that is finished now, so the team already has a foundation to build on for future episodes. Really all the new stuff that needs to be made for Slough Creek is the new map, the new missions, and a few features that aren't in the first episode. That means that Slough Creek should, theoretically, not take quite as long to come out as Amethyst did. However, we have been wrong about this before, so take everything I've said here with a hefty grain of salt. Plus, even if it takes years for Slough Creek to be finished and released, there's still plenty of other things to be excited about in the meantime, like multiplayer or the new bighorn sheep.

Yes, I agree with this. I have a feeling slough creek might come out late 2020-early 2021.. we also have towerfall, multiplayer, and mobile version left :?
So much left to do.. and 1 episode took 3 years to make, but it started from scratch.
The first episode did take three years to make, but it wasn't until about halfway through that they decided to split the releases into several different episodes. So at the beginning they were working on all of them at once. In other words - to add to your point, Slough Creek (probably) won't take nearly as much time as the first release. Oh, and they had a head start after working on it before they divided the game into sections.
On another note, what with the patches coming out and multiplayer and bighorn sheep yet to come, Amethyst Mountain, one could say, hasn't even been fully released yet. It's nice to have so many features being added gradually to keep everyone busy. :)

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:20 am

I also think that SL will be released this summer, because a lot has already been added. But it's just a guess.

TimberWolf0450
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TimberWolf0450 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:03 pm

I'd say that since they are making lots of progress on multiplayer, new animals, and bug fixes, SC has a chance of being released in the fall, but of course, things can take longer than expected, so I wouldn't count on it.
<<<< Wolves are important predators >>>>
<<<< Wolves are not our enemies >>>>

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”