WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Re: WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?

Post by ForeverEverest » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Tonadoesstorm wrote:I'm curious, is it best to buy the game here on the official site, on Steam, or on Itch.io?

I'm not going to buy it quite yet, (there are both monthly contests, and my birthday coming up in a couple months) but if I do end up buying it, I'm curious, which method of getting it would you all recommend?
I personally followed the link to purchasing from wolfquest.org. It worked nicely, and I had no problems. Just a simple download (which did take a little while, but was worth the wait), and I was playing WolfQuest 2.7. When I opened it, some of the buttons were off screen, but that can all be fixed by unticking the windowed box just before you launch the game. I have not tried the other ways of buying the game, but I'm just going to guess they all work nicely. If you are looking to purchase 2.7, then I'd say wolfquest.org is a great place to get it from. Though if you're willing to wait a few months, maybe you should wait for WolfQuest 3. I hope this helps, and I do recommend getting at least one of the newer versions, as a lot of new features have been added recently.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:15 pm

If possible, ideally you should consider purchasing the game from the on-site embed which is provided by Itch.io. (All "on-site purchases" are actually Itch.io purchases.) Why is this? Steam takes a bigger cut from purchases than Itch.io does. On the plus side, if you do have and use Steam, you'll also receive a complimentary Steam key with which you can activate WQ on this platform for no extra cost. Additionally, you can tip extra on top of the base price if you'd like to donate more in order to support the project, but you can't do this via the Steam store. Another alternative would be Humble Bundle.

Ultimately where, when and how you purchase the game is completely up to you. It may be better to buy it before the anniversary edition releases if you're looking for the best bargain. :)

Spoiler
Show
For people who feel it is not worth $10 USD, don't want to pay full price or can't afford the game, the WolfQuest Team does host contests once towards the end of each month. The prize draw offers a full, free copy of the premium game for all winners.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Poa
Pup
Pup
Name: Twister

Post by Poa » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Yeah, I do have Steam. And judging from what you two are saying, buying from this site seems like the best option. Thanks guys! ^.^

I still want to wait a bit, I mean they still have an entire animal to model, and code, and that's only what I know of that they still have to work on. So I have a bit of time, I think? But I agree. I should probably try to get it before 3 comes out.
Hello! I am Twister, a younger gal who found a cool wolf simulator through a popular YouTuber years ago, and sense downloaded WQ 2.7

(Wolf in my avatar is Orangeslice, founder of my pack, GlacierPack)

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:58 am

Tonadoesstorm wrote:I'm curious, is it best to buy the game here on the official site, on Steam, or on Itch.io?

I'm not going to buy it quite yet, (there are both monthly contests, and my birthday coming up in a couple months) but if I do end up buying it, I'm curious, which method of getting it would you all recommend?
I dunno... I got it on Steam. I searched wolf simulator and WolfQuest came up. Well, which one do you want to get it on most?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:22 am

TimberRaven wrote:

I dunno... I got it on Steam. I searched wolf simulator and WolfQuest came up. Well, which one do you want to get it on most?
Tonadoes's question has already been answered thoroughly, and they've indicated that they understand it is best to buy the game on itch.io, as you get both a DRM-free copy and a Steam key that way. Back on topic now, please.

Baileythewolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Baileythewolf » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:22 am

I think wolf all the wolf quest games and the skins and the amethyst mountain anything you have to buy in the game should be at the least 10 cents and the most 20 cent because a lot of people love this game

abbigailcub
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Summer Spriggs

Post by abbigailcub » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Though I already paid for this game, must I pay for it again? Just wondering, since it said the old version was "Free" but I am prompted to repay it.
If You Fall Down The Stairs, Why Would You Let The Stairs Beat You Up?

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:47 pm

abbigailcub wrote:Though I already paid for this game, must I pay for it again? Just wondering, since it said the old version was "Free" but I am prompted to repay it.
2.5 was the old version, and it was a free download directly from the website - not from Steam or Itch.io.

If you believe you’ve paid for the game, that’s the newer version - 2.7.x and it came out the November of 2015. You should only have to buy it once.

What do you mean by ‘you’re prompted to repay it’?

Baileythewolf wrote:I think wolf all the wolf quest games and the skins and the amethyst mountain anything you have to buy in the game should be at the least 10 cents and the most 20 cent because a lot of people love this game
The game developers have to make a living and support their families. If 100 people bought a 20 cent game, you’d get only about 20 dollars. Game development alone cost thousands of dollars. The free game cost money too and was only able to cope because of sponsors. Wolfquest would have died if they didn’t make it cost money.

They’re already quite generous by giving away four copies of the game every month, for those who love it but can’t afford to buy it. So, thankfully, if people enter the contests they’ll probably win and get it for free eventually!
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:02 am

@abbigailcub: Adding on to duskypack, if you have indeed purchased the premium game at least once, you own a copy of it. See this thread for information on reclaiming 2.7:

magical123kitty
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by magical123kitty » Wed May 23, 2018 2:39 pm

I don't think its worth the money because I used to have the game I bought it for 10$ but when I got a new laptop I had to pay for it again which I decided not to because that's really a waste of money, I already bought it and now you're telling me I have to pay for it again? Ridiculous.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed May 23, 2018 5:07 pm

@magical123kitty: See the link I provided in the post directly above yours for further information on how you can go about recovering your purchase. The only time you have to purchase the game again is for a new key or another platform -- buying WQ 2.7 on Mac/Win does not give you a license for Android or IOS, hence you'd have to purchase it separately at least once for those platforms.

Nuntayak
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Nuntayak » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:12 am

Bought it on the day before my birthday, I definitely think it is worth it. The improvements have made a world of difference. Excited to see WQ3!

Rain_Swift-River
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Swift

Post by Rain_Swift-River » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:28 am

I was very indecisive as to if I actually wanted to get the game or not. Sort of waiting to see if it would go on special on the steam sales, in the end I saw some of the future wolf models and animations shown on the Facebook page, and I went and bought it on the spot. So glad I did. I've definitely gotten my moneys worth on hours and fun playing the game again. So many improvements already, and WolfQuest 3.0 isn't even out yet.

ZenveraLore
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ZenveraLore » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:39 pm

2.7 is totally worth. I believe $10 is a very generous price for such a game, the amazing quality has left my jaw on the ground. I do hope others will see my opinion as their same outlook on WolfQuest! :wolf:
Last edited by paperpaws on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing manually added signature - signatures are disabled here for a reason

KiraGamerWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Kira

Post by KiraGamerWolf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:32 am

WolfQuest truly is an amazing game. I play it every day and have never once regretted purchasing 2.7. I first started out playing WolfQuest 2.7 on mobile (this was my first-time experiencing WQ since I didn't even know the game existed before then.) Anyway, I recently bought the game off of Steam for my MacBook Air and I have to admit that I enjoy the pc/mac version way more than the mobile version! (That's just my honest opinion though.) Though I would say that if you are looking to purchase WQ 2.7, I would highly recommend getting the pc/mac version as I find that the mobile version can be slow and crash a lot of the time. All in all this is an awesome game! Well worth $10 in my opinion! 100/10 :wolf:
-Kira

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”