Old Versions

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

TheCatInGrey
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Grey

Old Versions

Post by TheCatInGrey » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:28 pm

I want to record differences between different versions of wolfquest, but I've been having some problems. My main issue is that I can't find older versions. The oldest I can find is 2.5, but I know 1.0 has to have existed. Also, 2.5 is improperly numbered, as it is an expansion, not a new game. From what I can tell, 1.0 appears to just be a buggier version of Amethyst mountain from 2.5, but without the game itself, there's really no way to tell. Also, did 2.0-2.4 ever exist? What about 2.6? I haven't been able to get a lot of concrete answers, and earlier versions of the game are poorly documented at best. My only source is the fan-made wiki, which isn't generally the most accurate thing on the planet. If anyone has any information, please let me know! Thank you!
.w.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Old Versions

Post by Neamara » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:29 pm

You cannot download older versions from wolfquest.org, nor is it encouraged for you to go looking for older versions elsewhere due to the risk of malware/viruses/spyware or worse from third parties. As such, we cannot help you with this request; the best we can do is refer you to the most relevant discussion topic:
--

I do still have a small handful of older versions of WolfQuest downloaded from back in the day which were used for Wiki purposes and comparisons. What content is available on the Wiki for the free game is deliberately focused on the most recent 2.5.1 release, so you're unlikely to find anything older there unless it was included as trivia or otherwise posted in the bugs and glitches board. I did document the bundled change log text documents on the versions article if you're interested in reading through those, though it may not be a complete list. A more reputable source would be the forum archives if you have the time and patience to sift through the oldest threads.

TheCatInGrey wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:28 pm
From what I can tell, 1.0 appears to just be a buggier version of Amethyst mountain from 2.5, but without the game itself, there's really no way to tell.
This could have been the initial December 2007 release after the demo period (October 2007)? 1.0.0 does not appear in the patch notes we have on the Wiki, and old videos of the demo seem to only show a build date. It's possible that isn't the case for the December 2007 build if you can find any videos showing that particular build with the title screen recorded.
TheCatInGrey wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:28 pm
Also, did 2.0-2.4 ever exist? What about 2.6?
For the latter, no, there was never a 2.6. Development skipped straight from 2.5.1 to 2.7.
loboLoco wrote:Oh, and why 2.7? Well, it's not "WolfQuest 3" since there is not a proper third episode, so we finally decided that 2.7 sounds better than "WolfQuest: New and Improved."
Source: New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!
*pokes the forum with a 10ft pole*
it's (still) dead jim

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

DaniBeez

Re: Old Versions

Post by DaniBeez » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:58 pm

Piggybacking on Cat's question, do the game builds follow any sort of format like: [Major build number].[Minor build number].[Revision]? Just curious!
DaniBeez
___Community Forum member since 2010
___Avatar by LupinzPack

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”