Help!! I'm being SPAMmed!

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

xc92u3

Help!! I'm being SPAMmed!

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Okay, so, a long time ago, I started getting random messages from someone I never met. The subject is always "poop" and the message is always "hi". And then, a while back, I went into a game and a person sent me a friend request. I accepted, since I was bored, no one else on my friend's list was online, and I wanted someone to play with in a private game. But after the game ended, the person left and went offline. I messaged them saying,
"Hey man, why'd you go offline? I wanted to play a game with you" and then they acted like they've never seen me before. At this, I unfriended them. They continued their annoying acts of "Uh" and "What????"
This doesn't seem like too bad a problem. Solution: Just block them!
I can't. I blocked the two, but I got two messages from them, and when I went to message them asking them to stop PMing me, it said that either there was an error, or I was blocked by them. I am assuming that I got blocked rather than them.
So am I going to continue to get SPAM, or am I left with a choice besides sending them a friend request? I don't think they would accept it.
Thank you!
Last edited by paperpaws on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing username for privacy reasons

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Help!! I'm being SPAMmed!

Post by paperpaws » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:02 am

Hi TimberRaven, sorry that you have to deal with these type of messages.

It's unclear to me whether both instances refer to your in-game inbox. Though I'm assuming that's the case, I'd just like to clarify that if you are receiving spam-like PMs on the forum, you can use the forum report feature on those PMs so a forum moderator can look at them and contact the sender.

If both users are on the game and blocking them is not working, it sounds probable that there is some bug allowing their messages to still come through.

My advice is to first wait for a bit and see if they stop PMing you on their own accord. If not, the best course of action would be to contact the WolQuest team directly through the contact form on the support database page. If you need help finding this form, please let us know.

Best of luck, and again, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:37 am

Yeah, I can report them on the forum, but this is just the game. I'm not getting messages anymore, but the certain person with many N's likes to PM me once every month saying hi with a weird subject name, or they say "jjjk" or something like that... it's spaced out, usually, but I don't really get messages anymore. Should I give it another week before the topic can get locked or..?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:56 am

TimberRaven wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:37 am
Yeah, I can report them on the forum, but this is just the game. I'm not getting messages anymore, but the certain person with many N's likes to PM me once every month saying hi with a weird subject name, or they say "jjjk" or something like that... it's spaced out, usually, but I don't really get messages anymore. Should I give it another week before the topic can get locked or..?
I'm happy to leave this topic open in case you do want to provide an update on the situation. I do still advise you to contact the support team through the form in the database, just in case they may be able to check for you if your block has gone through (and otherwise, to see if they can manually do that for you).

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:38 pm

I think the topic can be locked now c: thank you!