Unable to connect to server?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

Misaki Chan
Pup
Pup
Name: Harley

Unable to connect to server?

Post by Misaki Chan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:08 pm

So, I'm not sure if this is purely a connection issue on my end, because it was working perfectly fine last night.
Whenever I attempt to log in to my account via the wolfquest panel in-game, it has a "timeout issue".
It also keeps saying that the server cannot be reached.

This is a brand new laptop and I am indeed connected to the internet with high speed.
Is there something happening with the game server?

I'm also getting a "failed download for application_version.txt." notice when attempting to boot up the game. I've also attempted to re-download the game to fix the issue, but it keeps popping back up.

Would this be the root of the issue?
~sometimes you gotta fall before you fly~

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Unable to connect to server?

Post by Neamara » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Can't replicate the issue; everything looks to be fine when I launch the game. Reboot your computer and try it again. If problems persist, it may be an issue on your end. See if running the game with administrative properties helps at all. If it doesn't, then I'd suggest checking your anti-virus settings just to make sure it isn't blocking, quarantining or otherwise flagging WolfQuest and/or its install directory as false positives.

Game Launcher Says "Patcher has failed" or "Application is currently not available"
Send help to the UK.
A clown has taken control.

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

TimberRaven
Name: I am Hugh

Re: Unable to connect to server?

Post by TimberRaven » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:00 pm

I once had this problem when I played WQ on my tablet for the first time. I forget the direct solution, but I'm pretty sure it was resolved when I physically went in and shut down all other programs besides WQ, rebooted my tablet and then it worked. Maybe try it without anything (and I mean, ANYTHING) going on in the background?
Spoiler:
MOOO :cow:
Spoiler:
ET phone home???
Spoiler:
Shut up, Wesley!
Spoiler:
Make it so.
Spoiler:
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Instead, put baking soda in it and watch it explode :twisted:
Spoiler:
Chirp's cool
Spoiler:
Owww! :wolf:
Spoiler:
It's broccoli O.O :tree:
Spoiler:
You have eyebrows
Spoiler:
You're still reading these?? *huggles*

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”