Cannot find download key!!

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

SynoviTala
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Cannot find download key!!

Post by SynoviTala » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:58 pm

I bought this game for my friend on Steam only last week. It says she needs a download key to register an account but nether of us can find the key. How do we get it?????

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Re: Cannot find download key!!

Post by ForeverEverest » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:12 am

I sadly don't know much about Steam, but I assume it means the Steam key. If either of you have a Steam account linked to the purchase, it might be worth logging in to see if you can find it.

EDIT: I found this site: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en- ... Steam-Keys

I hope it helps!
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Cannot find download key!!

Post by paperpaws » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:03 pm

I believe the link ForeverEverest provided explains how to redeem Steam game keys within the platform. Based on your question, I am assuming you already have the game added in the library.

My first launch of WolfQuest and subsequent account creation was through the DRM-free copy, so I don't have any first-hand knowledge of creating an account through the Steam version. I do know that when Steam games have CD keys, you generally get a prompt of these upon launching the game. If WolfQuest works like this too, your friend can try right-clicking WolfQuest in her Steam library and see if the option "View CD Key" comes up.

If it does not, which is the impression I am getting from the support database, I think the next best step is for your friend to contact WolfQuest support directly with a detailed description of her problem. She can use the contact form on the knowledge base for that, which can be accessed through 1) clicking the question mark icon in the bottom-left of the page and then pressing "contact" in the menu that appears or 2) clicking "no, I want to contact support" in response to the "was this article helpful?" prompt that appears on the support pages.

Best of luck, and do keep us updated!