Moose disappeared under the riverbed

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Moose disappeared under the riverbed

Post by Flamesky » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:56 pm

My mate and I were exploring in Slough Creek today and started hunting a cow moose. At first the moose behaved normally, pawing the ground and fighting while she was healthy, then running for a while, and finally standing to fight. The cow moose was almost out of health and I was too, so I ran to a carcass and ran back. When I got back the cow moose was standing in the creek and drinking from it. When I gave the moose some distance she'd walk across the river, then turn before getting out of the water, head back in the other direction and do the same thing. So something was preventing the moose from leaving the river.

This is the main issue: my mate and I ran up and killed the cow moose, and the moose didn't fall into the river, she disappeared into the ground like a coyote does when you kill one. The game gave me 500 exp but didn't credit me in my stats for killing the cow moose, even though it added the moose hunt. There was no plume or carcass whatsoever, the moose was just gone. I would like to know WHY this happened, because I spend a lot of time and energy on moose hunts in singleplayer, and to not be rewarded for my efforts makes it useless.
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

xc92u3

Re: Moose disappeared under the riverbed

Post by xc92u3 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:57 pm

This could have been a minor glitch that has more to do with the river than the moose. Moose and elk are programmed to disappear when killed in water, and since you killed it near the river, it might have been close enough to trigger the game into thinking it was in the river.
But not adding the kill to stats might be another glitch altogether...

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:32 am

I think it's some kind of glitch. I had killed 2 cow moose before with that particular wolf, but the game only credited her with the moose hunt and it didn't count the moose for the overall kill stats.
<<<<<>>>>>
<<<<<>>>>>

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:37 am

I believe you two are correct in assuming this is a glitch and obviously not supposed to happen. If you encounter something like this again, your best bet is to send in a bug report. While this unfortunately won't directly fix anything or credit your wolf properly with the kill, it may at least enable the development team to prevent this from happening in the future.. though I hope this was an anomaly.
Flamesky wrote:I think it's some kind of glitch. I had killed 2 cow moose before with that particular wolf, but the game only credited her with the moose hunt and it didn't count the moose for the overall kill stats.
Were these two moose not credited as kills to your wolf either? Did you get the achievement for successfully hunting a cow moose?

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:55 am

I am not sure how it works in single player, but in multiplayer I don't think you get credit for a successful hunt unless you're the one who makes the finishing blow. Is there any chance the mate could've finished off the moose which weren't counted?
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:06 pm

paperpaws wrote:I believe you two are correct in assuming this is a glitch and obviously not supposed to happen. If you encounter something like this again, your best bet is to send in a bug report. While this unfortunately won't directly fix anything or credit your wolf properly with the kill, it may at least enable the development team to prevent this from happening in the future.. though I hope this was an anomaly.
Flamesky wrote:I think it's some kind of glitch. I had killed 2 cow moose before with that particular wolf, but the game only credited her with the moose hunt and it didn't count the moose for the overall kill stats.
Were these two moose not credited as kills to your wolf either? Did you get the achievement for successfully hunting a cow moose?
No, she already had 2 cow moose kills in her stats. It's just the moose that went into the river not counting in my wolf's stats as the third moose kill.
<<<<<>>>>>
<<<<<>>>>>

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:19 am

Alright. In that case, I think it is safe to assume we are dealing with an (obviously) unintentional glitch, meaning there is no direct solution or known prevention for this problem. Please refer to my initial post for how to proceed if this ever happens again (it shouldn't!).