What has changed?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Maulclaw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

What has changed?

Post by Maulclaw » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:11 pm

Hey everyone.

I'm Maulclaw and I used to play this game a lot back when I was young. I stopped playing WolfQuest in either 2011 or 2013 and moved on to different games, but recently I stumbled into the Steam's version and was shocked at how different the game was. I looked more into online and it filled my heart with joy knowing that this game is still receiving updates after all these years.

So, this is why I've logged back into my account after all these years. I want to know just how much the game has improved and how well it's doing in terms of population. I mean, the Steam's client shows an average of 50 people a day, which is more than I imagined. I would also like to know if this game still has the same kind of issues I remember encountering when I was a kid, mostly related to Wi-Fi problems. A lot of things have changed, but I still rely on a Wi-Fi connection these days and was wondering it that would make me unable to play WolfQuest? I don't have any plans to purchase the retail version due to financial difficulties at the moment, but I have gotten my hands on the 2.5 Demo and was hoping to give the Multiplayer a shot (if it's still available).

I also remember the chat in WolfQuest being heavily censored to the point where most conversations had to be kept rather vague. Hopefully that's no longer an issue?

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by Maulclaw on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Re: What has changed?

Post by Frodo1 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Moved to Tips, Hints, and Help

Hey, welcome back!

The 2.7 version of the game is a lot more advanced than the older versions. There have been a ton of bugfixes and performance/gameplay tweaks and new features.

There seems to be a decent population of players, and I know I have a big audience for my gameplay videos on YouTube. The game now syncs save data to the cloud, but you can play offline (it just won't synchronize until you're back online). Multiplayer no longer uses the lexicon system, however it's also now been restricted to the paid version of the game (along with Slough Creek). For more information about the differences between the free and paid versions, you can view the support base article:

Cost of the Game

With that said, even if you're unable to purchase the full game, you can always enter the monthly contests for a chance at winning a free copy :)
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: What has changed?

Post by Koa » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:03 am

SusanHunter wrote:I think there is an alternate way too to play this wonderful game. Wolf Quest is one of my favorite video game to play. I used to play this game on the console.
I think playing a video game on the console like Xbox or PS do not need the internet connection and by this way, you do not need to rely on the internet to play your favorite video game.
Hello. Tips, Hints, and Help is not the place to discuss ideas for the game.

Regarding your question, Maulclaw, Frodo1 has covered everything. If you want to keep up wit WolfQuest 3's development, be sure to visit the developer blog here.

Topic locked.