Scared to join Multiplayer Games

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

SirenCall
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Scared to join Multiplayer Games

Post by SirenCall » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Multiplayer game?
I keep joining public games, and making people mad.
everyone wants to hunt alone, but I thought public games were to socialize and play together?
am i missing something? ive been yelled at many times.

i am so apprehensive, i liked multiplayer because its like real wolf pack for hunting. nobody ever wants to work together...and nobody joins my servers.

is there a point to adding friends in multiplayer? i can't ever see any of them or access them?
Last edited by paperpaws on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic moved + renamed

Whirl-Oakpaw
Pup
Pup

Re: Scared to join...

Post by Whirl-Oakpaw » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:17 am

What kind of servers are you joining? Most people on Multiplayer are there to RP or chat, and spawning elk can create lag on the server. If you join a server that is dedicated for hunting, you probably won't have an issue. Look for server names like "Hunt for XP" or similar.

To view your friends, all you need to do is click on "Account" on the title screen. From there you'll be able to look at your friend list and send messages to friends.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Scared to join Multiplayer Games

Post by paperpaws » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:48 am

I'm sorry to hear you've had so many negative experiences on multiplayer! I don't think you are doing anything wrong. If people want to hunt alone, they might as well be playing single player.

As Oakpaw said, one point of adding friends is that you earn the ability to message them. You could also try building a friend list of people you did enjoy playing with in the hopes you can play with them more often, whether it is in public or private games.

xc92u3

Re: Scared to join Multiplayer Games

Post by xc92u3 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:31 am

As paperpaws mentioned, private games would be a good idea. Maybe you could also try hosting games with names like XPHunt or something like that. I make plenty of public games with a name like that and I get usually six people :)
And another thing, you could write down the usernames of the people who most angry at you, so you know which each person is whenever you join a game (though you said everyone, and there are a lot of people on WQ, and you might not want to write down every single user, haha), but I did this with a user, so I knew what to say to what user.. and we worked it out now we're friends :)
You can also see if your friends are online or not by looking at your friend list. To the left of every username, there should be either a grey or yellow circle. If it is grey, the player is offline. If yellow, the player is online, and that's when I like to message them :P