Unable to reach Slough Creek

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Senbonzakura
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Chuuya

Unable to reach Slough Creek

Post by Senbonzakura » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Hello,

I used to play Wolf Quest years ago. Last I was able to play it was before it got to 2.7, so I haven't been on in a few years. I just happened to get the new version and started playing it. I do not have steam. I did find out about the experience points needed for certain things now and the fixes, met the new prey, predators, and explored Lost River (I think that is what it is called).

I may be doing something wrong but I am unable to reach Slough Creek. It doesn't give the option on the "load" part of the game, where you can choose between Amethyst Mountain and Lost River. I did find a mate in Lost River but didn't get any way to go and enter Slough Creek.

When is the message supposed to pop up? Is there a certain amount of points needed, or other requirements to be met? I searched this up but was unable to find it at all. Also, can you get to Slough Creek after you get a mate in Lost River? I'm confused about how saving adds up now.

Thank you if anyone is able to help.
not very active / back on from some long breaks due to work, classes, etc.
played wolfquest a very long time ago and cannot remember when I began, though it was way before the paid version. still catching up to this all but feel free to message me at any time.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Unable to reach Slough Creek

Post by paperpaws » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:08 pm

After you meet the requirements for heading to Slough Creek, a star should appear on your in-game compass. You have to travel to this star. In other words, rather than loading your old Amethyst Mountain save file, you have to actually play your AM file and head to the travel point.

When you reach this point, the pop-up will appear, and you'll be able to confirm you want to travel to Slough Creek.

Senbonzakura
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Senbonzakura » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Okay, thank you so much. Will this appear for both Amethyst Mountain and Lost River? As, when you find a mate in Lost River will it carry it over to Amethyst Mountain so if it doesn't work for Lost River, you can still get to Slough Creek?
played wolfquest a very long time ago and cannot remember when I began, though it was way before the paid version. still catching up to this all but feel free to message me at any time.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:16 pm

Senbonzakura wrote:I did find a mate in Lost River but didn't get any way to go and enter Slough Creek.
Senbonzakura wrote:Okay, thank you so much. Will this appear for both Amethyst Mountain and Lost River? As, when you find a mate in Lost River will it carry it over to Amethyst Mountain so if it doesn't work for Lost River, you can still get to Slough Creek?
It is only possible to migrate from Amethyst Mountain. Lost River is an optional map for exploration. As it is not an episode like Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek, both of which are set within Yellowstone National Park, it is not possible to migrate from that location because Lost River is both fictional and set in an unspecified location.
Neamara wrote:You must find a mate in Amethyst Mountain and also have purchased the full version to be able to progress to the next episode. As soon as you have met this condition, a new zone will appear on the map accompanied by a star icon on the compass. Try going there! In the trial/demo version, your game ends after finding a mate. You can still explore the slopes of Amethyst Mountain, harass predators and hunt prey, but you will not be able to progress to the second episode until you have purchased and installed the full version.

While you can optionally find a dispersal wolf and bond with them in Lost River, you cannot migrate to Slough Creek. This is intentional; realistically, the distance between Lost River and Slough Creek is never specified. There is no way of knowing whether your wolf and its mate would survive the journey. As for settling down and raising pups in this mysterious valley, it is neither safe nor an ideal location for a pair of wolves to settle and raise a family.
Source: I found a mate. How do/why can’t I go to Slough Creek?
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Senbonzakura
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Senbonzakura » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Ah, okay. Thank you for the help; I guess I had not researched far enough. That makes a lot more sense now.

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:07 pm

As it appears the original question has been answered - I'll go ahead and lock this topic to prevent repeated answers.

-Topic Locked-
Wolf567 / Blaze