Load saved games is blank despite my game autosaving

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Arodote
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Load saved games is blank despite my game autosaving

Post by Arodote » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:38 am

Whenever i try save a game it wont appear in the saved games. I restarted my pc, i checked if i was in elk territory/ if npc wolves were around me. Still having this problem. Do i have to get the mate in order for my game to start saving? Or do i need a certain xp amount?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Load saved games is blank despite my game autosaving

Post by Neamara » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:59 am

Hi Arodote,

There are no limits to saving; auto-saving and manual saves should appear reliably regardless the map/episode/your progress.

If you're on Windows (I believe this applies to 8, 8.1 and possibly 10), some versions of the operating system might save to an alternative "My Documents" directory. If this has happened, check your Documents directory and see if a "WolfQuest" folder exists. If it doesn't, open file explorer, go to C:\Users\%USERNAME% and see if there are any other 'Documents' directories. For example, C:\Users\%USERNAME%\My Documents or C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents. If you find a WolfQuest folder in one, look inside and if save data exists there, move it over to the other directory and see if the game detects your save data.

By default, Windows defines "Documents" (not "My Documents") as the default directory for documents. You can change this by right-clicking one of the directories, opening Properties and clicking the Location tab, then moving your directory over to "My Documents". Some things will still save to the old documents directory, so if you do this, you'll still be able to access directly from your Users\%USERNAME% directory. You can revert this change at any time.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:13 am

Someone recently found that BitDefender, an anti-malware app, was preventing the game from saving properly. Do you have anything like that on your computer?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Arodote
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Arodote » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:08 pm

loboLoco wrote:Someone recently found that BitDefender, an anti-malware app, was preventing the game from saving properly. Do you have anything like that on your computer?
yeah, i do!
  • Post Merge
Neamara wrote:Hi Arodote,

There are no limits to saving; auto-saving and manual saves should appear reliably regardless the map/episode/your progress.

If you're on Windows (I believe this applies to 8, 8.1 and possibly 10), some versions of the operating system might save to an alternative "My Documents" directory. If this has happened, check your Documents directory and see if a "WolfQuest" folder exists. If it doesn't, open file explorer, go to C:\Users\%USERNAME% and see if there are any other 'Documents' directories. For example, C:\Users\%USERNAME%\My Documents or C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents. If you find a WolfQuest folder in one, look inside and if save data exists there, move it over to the other directory and see if the game detects your save data.

By default, Windows defines "Documents" (not "My Documents") as the default directory for documents. You can change this by right-clicking one of the directories, opening Properties and clicking the Location tab, then moving your directory over to "My Documents". Some things will still save to the old documents directory, so if you do this, you'll still be able to access directly from your Users\%USERNAME% directory. You can revert this change at any time.
OH it worked!! thank you so much!!
Last edited by Neamara on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Great, thanks Arodote (and Neamara)!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Glad to hear the initial problem has been solved! To prevent repeated answers I'll go ahead and lock this topic :)

-Topic Locked-
Wolf567 / Blaze