Assassin's Creed series *spoilers!*

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Assassin's Creed series *spoilers!*

Post by Koa » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:44 am

The underwater gameplay is actually quite primitive. I needed to explore everything for my platinum, so I had to go through I believe all ten of the underwater shipwrecks and smugglers' caves. It was somewhat clunky and highly frustrating, particulary with the sharks being overpowered in terms of spotting you, even when you're hiding. But, it was tolerable. The wrecks are important though because they have upgrades for your ship.

Add my PSN if you are playing on PS4. I have it on PS3 too, but I am sticking with Ps4 so I can get all the trophies.

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:52 am

It is frustrating, with all the sharks, jelly fish, and eels, but it is useful, and searching all the chest isnt that bad, with all the reals it earns you. And i don't, sadly. have it for PS4, rather xbox 360, and, i have a cheat, if you want to know it.

And, koa, love your avvie (:
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

av/sig: alethe

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:55 pm

SilverFang2014 wrote:It is frustrating, with all the sharks, jelly fish, and eels, but it is useful, and searching all the chest isnt that bad, with all the reals it earns you. And i don't, sadly. have it for PS4, rather xbox 360, and, i have a cheat, if you want to know it.

And, koa, love your avvie (:
Thanks. And haha that's too bad, but at least you'll have a lot of people to play with on multiplayer.

I've completed the game with 100% sync so i won't need it if its story or mission related

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:39 pm

It's a quick way to earn reals fast but it's not possible if you have defeated the two legendary ships: the HMS Fearless and Royal Sovereign. but if you didnt you can defeat one of the two ships and collect its reals then let the other one kill you and when you respawn return to them and they will both be back and repeat the process: it will earn you 10,000 reals every time. :wink:
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:29 pm

SilverFang2014 wrote:It's a quick way to earn reals fast but it's not possible if you have defeated the two legendary ships: the HMS Fearless and Royal Sovereign. but if you didnt you can defeat one of the two ships and collect its reals then let the other one kill you and when you respawn return to them and they will both be back and repeat the process: it will earn you 10,000 reals every time. :wink:
Oh yeah, I read about that. I've already defeated all of them, though. It's easier to make money through Kenway's fleet imo if you keep playing once you've unlocked a good number of destinations or farm Man of Wars for sugar to sell (only worth it if they have 90+ sugar on board).

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:38 pm

Did anyone know that most of the pirates (like Mary Read, Anne Bonny, and Charles Vane) are actually real?
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:30 pm

SilverFang2014 wrote:Did anyone know that most of the pirates (like Mary Read, Anne Bonny, and Charles Vane) are actually real?
Wouldn't be the first time. In AC2 and AC:Brotherhood, they used real names and (to some extent) the personalities of those people, such as Leonardo DaVinci. There are more instances, but I can't recall as I've not been actively playing the series for some time.

Finally bought ACIV but my dad's nabbed it so he gets first play. I want to restart the series anyway so I don't mind. It still looks pretty good. I've seen my dad playing it and so far, I'm impressed with the graphics. Bit disappointed to see some glitches that are still in the engine from past games - you would have thought they would have been fixed by now. :roll:

Still can't help but wonder what's in store for ACV and "sample 17"...
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:09 pm

I never actually played Assassin's Creed, except for that one time when I went to my friend's house and got to play AC 3. The game does sound pretty awesome, and I have watched some Let's Play videos on Youtube involving Assassin's Creed.

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Decided to pop in since it's all quiet on the AC front currently.
I finally managed to get the platinum for AC4. Pretty happy about that, considering the mass amount of glitches and inconveniences I ran into along the way... like how multiplayer stats from the PS3 didn't carry over to the PS4 as many thought they would have on the contrary... and don't even get me started about the "Sharing is Caring" trophy on the PS4. I would have had the platinum the first week of January if it had been working properly. :/
nightangelwolf wrote:
SilverFang2014 wrote:Did anyone know that most of the pirates (like Mary Read, Anne Bonny, and Charles Vane) are actually real?
Wouldn't be the first time. In AC2 and AC:Brotherhood, they used real names and (to some extent) the personalities of those people, such as Leonardo DaVinci. There are more instances, but I can't recall as I've not been actively playing the series for some time.

Finally bought ACIV but my dad's nabbed it so he gets first play. I want to restart the series anyway so I don't mind. It still looks pretty good. I've seen my dad playing it and so far, I'm impressed with the graphics. Bit disappointed to see some glitches that are still in the engine from past games - you would have thought they would have been fixed by now. :roll:

Still can't help but wonder what's in store for ACV and "sample 17"...

Yeah, I knew. You know what they say... history is their playground. :mrgreen:

I'm expecting the location to be in either Russia or England based on the rumors. It's actually been a year since they announced ACIV and usually they're pretty on point with dates in general... seems to be taking a bit longer than usual. I've also heard a rumor that they may just split up the series for 360/PS3 versus xbone/PS4, which I hope is completely false because there goes yet again the multiplayer fanbase. :roll: Speaking of which, I also heard they're getting rid/or drastically re-vamping the multiplayer from a friend of mine who got it from a source, which I hope is false. But there were also rumors about how they liked the way Watch Dogs multiplayer was going and wanted to "follow its lead," so to speak... And we all know how that rumor about an assassin-pirate game turned out. I hope the majority are all lies or just speculation, but I'm pretty sure the multiplayer one stands on some solid ground/was posted by IGN and there's an article about it if you want to find it. Not good for me or any of us that play mp regularly, really. At least, I'm not looking forward to any major changes unless they keep Artifact Assault. Then it's a deal.
Derp-Bacon wrote:I never actually played Assassin's Creed, except for that one time when I went to my friend's house and got to play AC 3. The game does sound pretty awesome, and I have watched some Let's Play videos on Youtube involving Assassin's Creed.
It's a lot of fun. The multiplayer is pretty awesome too, and different from many that are currently out there.

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:26 pm

By the way, koabean, I have PS4 know, I need to add you.
Has anyone ever had the Ascension of the Jackdaw glitch happen on them?
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:27 am

SilverFang2014 wrote:By the way, koabean, I have PS4 know, I need to add you.
Has anyone ever had the Ascension of the Jackdaw glitch happen on them?
Add me, PSN is KoaWQMod. I probably won't accept it until tomorrow or Saturday because I have a lot of schoolwork right now.

It hasn't happened to me, but I've seen some people post videos about it, LOL.

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:06 pm

It happened to me once at Havana.
How about when the big legendary ships literally leap out of the water?

My PSN- Chumpkins13
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:15 pm

What about that AC: Unity? I'm soooo glad they revised the parkour system. Finally!
The game looks amazing. Really, everything does. The co-op sounds great, but I hope there's more to the multiplayer than that, i.e., PvP/team modes as in past AC games. I hope they're not modeling it too much like Watch Dogs' multiplayer...

Angelion Blackfire
Name: V.

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:31 pm

As much as I love AC, I'm not a fan of them releasing a game every year/year and a half...they should come up with something new (not always a male lead with a beard, same style contracts and so on) ...and fix some stuff too, but I'm looking forward to it, as always~

Edit: Nvm, just read a bit about Unity, sounds good, but the no female char thing is a bit bugging me...

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:00 pm

In regards to the no female lead, I don't think it'd be historically accurate to have one when females in 18th century France were barely considered citizens. I'd love to see one sometime, but I can also understand the desicion to not include one this time around.