Pokémon

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Do You Like Pok`emon?

LOVE it!
64%
I like it.
17%
Its okay...
11%
I absoloutly HATE it!
8%

Total votes: 952

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Re: Pokémon

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:27 am

Well, one more day until the release!

Hopefully my pre-ordered copies come to my house tomorrow and not Monday...
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Tonight's the night! I have my Eevee shirt ironed and everything.

I hope it comes tomorrow, too! Too bad people in the UK have to wait 5 more days, though. B/
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:56 pm

I'm a little upset because I pre-ordered Moon on Amazon, but then found out not long after that I would have to be in Ohio tomorrow. Changed the delivery address, and then the estimate for delivery was for Monday, which was when I intended on driving home. Tried to just completely reorder this past Monday, but they never gave me a time estimate for delivery so I just canceled that.

So tomorrow I just have to drive around and hope I can find a place where I can buy it here in Ohio. I know the day that the Pokemon Go Plus came out I was able to reserve one for myself that same day and get it in store, but I don't know if that will work this time as well. May have to call Target or Toys R Us too. Downloading it from the eShop is also a possibility, but I'm a sucker for the physical game so I need my little cartridge.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:01 am

Riceboy wrote:Tonight's the night! I have my Eevee shirt ironed and everything.

I hope it comes tomorrow, too! Too bad people in the UK have to wait 5 more days, though. B/
Hahaha that shirt sounds amazing! And yeah, people in The Netherlands too. :(((((

Good luck getting your hands on a copy, Kivia! I hope all of you for who it is out today have lots of fun with it. Spoil some Pokémon for me while I wait until I can do so myself.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:22 am

Kivia wrote:I'm a little upset because I pre-ordered Moon on Amazon, but then found out not long after that I would have to be in Ohio tomorrow. Changed the delivery address, and then the estimate for delivery was for Monday, which was when I intended on driving home. Tried to just completely reorder this past Monday, but they never gave me a time estimate for delivery so I just canceled that.

So tomorrow I just have to drive around and hope I can find a place where I can buy it here in Ohio. I know the day that the Pokemon Go Plus came out I was able to reserve one for myself that same day and get it in store, but I don't know if that will work this time as well. May have to call Target or Toys R Us too. Downloading it from the eShop is also a possibility, but I'm a sucker for the physical game so I need my little cartridge.

Ah, yes. I remember my friend going on about how they SWORE there was a "on day" delivery choice, but for Sun and Moon that doesn't seem possible...

I went to the midnight release earlier to get it, myself. The guys at the Gamestop made Pokemon GO lanyards (got an Instinct one even though I don't have GO... heh...) and some cool Sun/Moon buttons, so I got those on top of the poster that came with it. Then, on top of THAT, my kid-sister used her OWN money to buy me a Litten plush! So it's been a long, fun night. I'm playing right now, spoiling my Litten and brushing him all over. If I post anything that may be considered a spoiler, I'll be sure to keep it all under a spoiler tag for you guys!

I'm really sorry you guys have to wait! :( I hope you get a hold of a game too, Kivia.
i am ossan

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:53 am

I just got the confirmation email from Gamestop that I have a copy of Moon ready for pick up, so it was a success! Funny though because the first Gamestop that I tried to reserve a copy at denied my request, so I was getting a little worried there. Just will have to drive the extra few miles to get my game, but definitely worth it.

I contemplated going to a midnight release, but I had driven 6.5 hours yesterday to Ohio. I just wanted to sleep haha. That's really awesome though, you have some pretty cool Gamestop workers there! And I bet that Litten plush is the cutest. That's so sweet of your sister. <3

It's still such a bummer though that it can't be released everywhere on the same day. I want everyone to be able to play together at the same time. =/

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:03 am

Yeah, I have no idea why it was delayed in the EU.

But I just got my copies of Sun & Moon (plus an awesome poster with Charizard) in the mail just now! I have to admit I squealed just a little bit when I opened the box and held the Sun cartridge in my hands! :)

Now, the question is, which do I play first? I think overall the ones in Sun appeal the most to me....but Lycanroc's midnight form... :/

Alright, going to start off with Pokemon Sun!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:09 am

I finally ordered it yesterday and it got shipped right away... and now have to be spiteful for one more day that they respect official release dates more than their usual next day delivery. (I completely understand, but I'm free today and busy tomorrow until Sunday.. ha.)

How have all of you been enjoying it so far? I'm really curious!

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:25 am

It makes me terribly sad that you guys didn't get it at the same time. Atrocities! I hope you get to enjoy them soon. I really do.

I LOVE IT. The soundtrack and areas really make me think of Tales of Symphonia--and the story is fantastic in my opinion. I feel like it's aimed at an older audience this time. Or at least, it's more vast compared to say... X/Y...

Also I love Gladion we're getting married it's official. ♥
i am ossan

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:25 pm

I'm not that far into the game (just left the first island), but so far I LOVE it. The game experience is vastly improved with headphones - the music is great, and you can tell what the most common Pokemon is in a patch of grass by just listening to the overworld for its cry. Its a really neat feature & makes the game more alive!

I do have one complaint, though...where is Youngster Joey with his 1% Rattata!? They gave him a Metapod! That's like so wrong, haha!

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:35 pm

Good news! Apparently those found with illegal copies of Sun/Moon (pretty much all the jerks that have been playing it early) will pretty much have their systems bricked! Their entire 3DS will no longer work on Wifi. Pokefan International, a YouTube channel basically putting spoilers in video thumbnails and uploading videos of the entire storyline (also who kind of spoiled a lot for me) has been shut down. There are apparently a lot of people defending these people--but seriously? Illegal versions of the game WAY before the release...They're stealing a LOT of money from Nintendo.

Nice to see Nintendo come up with a user-specific solution, unlike when they basically shut down SwapNote (basically a picture message system of sorts) for everyone a few years back because a few people were misusing it. Also these people really need to, with all due respect, get a life. Especially since Nintendo is probably under some minor need to recover after the flop that was Pokemon Go.

Anyways, I will get Pokemon Moon in the relatively near future, and use Litten as my starter.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:59 am

At least the Kanto references in this game are really great. Though I won't go into detail about my favorites so those that want to find them on their own can. ♥

GOT A BUNCH OF SHINIES after I learned how to spam S.O.S. battles for them. I'm too patient for this. Gave a bunch away in Wonder Trade then used others to continue my Type: Null/Silvally hoarding. MUST HOARD ALL THOSE bABIES.

...Also hatched a shiny Rowlet recently! I have no idea how many eggs were hatched, however... Named him Niles.

i am ossan

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:27 pm

:O

I haven't found a shiny, I've even farmed for them using S.O.S. :(

Just finished the second island. I love this game, so many little things to do and so many references for old fans! So far this is probably either my favourite or second favourite Pokemon generation (tied with HG/SS)

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:05 pm

anyone who has a sun version of rockruff should totally hit me up

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:07 pm

harrishawk wrote:anyone who has a sun version of rockruff should totally hit me up
I can get you one! They're not really version exclusive though, you should be able to catch the other form in the wild. Regardless, I'd be happy to get you one if you want. :>

I've been loving the game a lot; they seem to have paid a lot of attention to detail and things like Poké Pelago just melt my heart. Also Stufful is as adorable as I thought it would be and I've just been wonder trading a bunch of them.